Quantcast

35lb JEDI!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
128mm

Tank! Thats a smokin hot deal on those. Never see them for sale used. I think Ive run accross 33 sets ina couple of years. Always have my eyes open for a eal ewspecially on full proof parts! SCORE :thumb: Nice......
Travis you really have a way with words. You're just a clear and coherent dude.

:cheers:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Travis you really have a way with words. You're just a clear and coherent dude.

:cheers:
Yeah it was supposed to be 3 sets. I have a mjor sinus infection, flu and chest cold going on right now! :mad:

Iride: They are cold forged so don't let the looks make that assumption. I assure you I have been riding these now hard for a long time and they take the abuse. I think I said it before but I expected when I got them that Id have them bent within a few months. Nope almost 2 years later and they are still straight and stong with no issues. :thumb:

venom600

Chimp
May 2, 2008
Bozeman
888 wcata (08) love the fork period stupid plush and holds its line in chatter and rocks really well, weights kind of an issue but not a big one.
Did you have any of the usual issues w/ the ATA? (i.e. not getting full travel) I'm building a RM Flatline and I'd love to put a 888 ATA WC on it, but I'm a little leary given the feedback I've read on it. I could always just get a RC-3 WC, but the idea of ATA is appealing to me.

Thanks!
--Ben

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Did you have any of the usual issues w/ the ATA? (i.e. not getting full travel) I'm building a RM Flatline and I'd love to put a 888 ATA WC on it, but I'm a little leary given the feedback I've read on it. I could always just get a RC-3 WC, but the idea of ATA is appealing to me.

Thanks!
--Ben
I didnt have the issues with that at all, it was mainly 07s. Id run another and will again this year with no ? or concern. But I want last years colors red/silver/white. Im not intrested in the new darker colors doenst go with my set up! :D

Mandown and overtheedge have a them on there bikes as well. I ride with both those guys and they ride pretty aggressive. Your more than welcome to PM or ask them theyd be more than happy to give you there experiences as well. Me personally It had smokin hot small bump compliance and was butter all through the travel. it handled the bigger hits and tracked a line really well!!! Thats the reason Ill sport them again, I was impressed.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

Thanks!
--Ben
I didnt have the issues with that at all, it was mainly 07s. Id run another and will again this year with no ? or concern. But I want last years colors red/silver/white. Im not intrested in the new darker colors doenst go with my set up! :D

Mandown and overtheedge have a them on there bikes as well. I ride with both those guys and they ride pretty aggressive. Your more than welcome to PM or ask them theyd be more than happy to give you there experiences as well. Me personally It had smokin hot small bump compliance and was butter all through the travel. it handled the bigger hits and tracked a line really well!!! Thats the reason Ill sport them again, I was impressed.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
looookin good! my session should be about this weight, but my £6 special scale has decided it actually hasnt lost ANY weight from stock..hmm...

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
If you're trying to compare (your picture), you should have all the necessary bolts for both stems.

Looks pretty though, guess the Boxxer is here to stay... :D

Also, just so you know there are 16oz in a pound. 15oz is not 15g. :bonk:

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
If you're trying to compare, you should have all the necessary bolts for both stems. Looks pretty though, guess the Bboxxer is here to stay... :D
Also, just so you know there are 16oz in a pound. 15oz is not 15g.
Thats why its 50g different! The stem is 107g and the bolts were 23g so it came in all hardware 130g and the thomson was 180g = 50g less

Thats why the first post says 35lbs 15ozs
:thumb: Im pretty sure I know my weights, had a little practice at this. :D

BTW: Your site is looking good, great ideas on most looked at articles etc.. definently original and 2 :thumb:'s up! Diggin it as always

If its a big deal Ill drop to fr tires, less stans and lace some stans hoops or 5.1 hoops, run ultegra cassette, get rid of my stainless steel lines and get it in the 34lb (possibly sub) range! :thumb: My next wheelset will be here by friday, they should be lighter than the I9s or close too, we'll see where the 823s come in with there hubset! They are the DH specific set, less engagement in the pawls so Ill keep them for lighter courses.

Last edited:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Hehe, just noticing that you like to round down a lot but that's cool :D (you're ~25g away from 36 :p)

There will be some pretty sweet stuff up on the site soon that i'm sure you'll like as well.

Bet you're itching to ride that Jedi!

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hehe, just noticing that you like to round down a lot but that's cool :D (you're ~25g away from 36 :p)

Bet you're itching to ride that thing.
1st: as far as the site yeah I pop over there a bit, look forward to seeing new stuff as always! You always have good stuff and get ahold of a ton of bling parts to review! :thumb:
You should put pics of the bikes fully built on a scale.

As far as weight:
Round up or down its still elgitimatley sub 36 and now its 50g lighter as well. Ill pull my stans out to 1 scoop (vs 3.5 per tire) to a normal level for others but that will shed another 150g so that will be 1/2lb lighter mixxed with the 25g less already that will put me below the 35.5 and there still wont be any noticeable difference aside of the scale!

Either way J, I beat the crap out of this as well as huck/race/fr and ride some pretty nasty stuff and with me being 230+ lbs before gear thats impressive in itself the reliablility!

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Im running Big Bettys now thats its drying out a little bit. Loven em!
The muddy mary front big betty rear will be my most universal combo and if its loamy or getting on the ick side of things then a Muddy mary rear. If its dry, loose and rocky then its Big bettys front and rear like Im riding right now. They hook up really well and any dry rocky condition or no deep mud/loam.
If you take conditions from 1 - 10
1 being dry loose rocky
10 being muddy trenches and nasty
Muddy mary is a 2.5 - 8
Big betty is a 1-6.
Black shark mud 8-10
Fat albert 1-3

This should make it a bit easier, I have rode the big bettys on mud with good success but its not in its shining area of grip. It works and can be done but this scale pretty much sums them up!

May 6, 2004
I assume you are running UST versions of each tyre. It that correct?
I tried to fit Big Betty at rear but it is too tight and it is rubbing. It is not UST version though. Any ideas on this?

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Those don't look very huckable.
for any doubters or non believers I will tell you that the middleburn cranks are the strongest lightest thing i have ever ridden. i have beaten on mine hard core for 3 seasons. hit rocks at mach speed, slammed them into logs, hucked some big big jumps. the trails i ride are not nice. i was sceptical in the beginning when i first saw the middleburns. at the time i was on raceface diabolous cranks, which we all know are very, very heavy. I had many issues with the bearing in the outboard bb, but i am so glad i went back to the good ol ISIS. my middleburns have stood the test of time. not bent, not broken, no problems. and.... (correct me if i am wrong) they have a lifetime warranty against downhill usage. All of my friends run them and no one has had problem one with them. If you are looking for some middleburns downhillzone in seattle, wa has them. Give adam a call. 206/523/3337

I just got my jedi on order, i am so pumped about it :biggrin: I just have to decide which shock i want but i am pretty sure i want the BOS shock.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I thought the purpose of running Middlesburns was to save some weight. :)

What light BB?
oh course that was a joke :busted:

but i personally use a fsa platnium dh. mainly cuz my m3 is a 73mm bb and i need a wide 128mm bb to clear the cranks from the frame. they are not horribly heavy and they are very strong.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah Middys are indestructable, mine have tried to break rocks several times and no issues! I think my BB is a fsa, been the same one since I bought the middys 2 years ago and still going strong. Bearings are starting to go but the drag holds my cranks where I left them when I throw the feet off the opedals! :D:D:D:D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I just got my jedi on order, i am so pumped about it :biggrin: I just have to decide which shock i want but i am pretty sure i want the BOS shock.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: your going to love it, I actually got out of class early today and went and rode socal dirt again. Between the being sick for 3 weeks, family vacation for 11 days and finishing work, packing and moving back down here its been a bit since I slung a leg over the bike. Kind of scary considering the cardio otter is coming up and my lungs feel like POO!!!!

The bikes a blast to ride and mashing through rocks and nasty lines is a total BLAST!!!!
Pics when built, or frame only or frame and fork or frame only! :thumb:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Ssssh, they're my secret, no-one else is allowed them!! ;)

Been riding them for a few weeks now, the flange looks delicate I know, but no problems yet. Nice and quiet compared to a Pro2 too. Lighter than a Tune even!!!! The guys in my sig sell them in the UK if there's any monkeys this side of the pond that want hooking up.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I have see this hub a year ago on Taipei Show. It was inceredibly light. Funny thing is, that AmClass fron hub is not so light. A bit heavier than Hope, so you should have two different hubs ;)
BTW, is this AmClass hub loud or quite?