Quantcast

38 in the rain

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm thinking about riding 38 today, but I've never ridden it in the rain. How much harder is it, specifically the warm-up trail, when wet?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
heres the list.....

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com
Convert just about anything to anything else.
Over 5,000 units, and 50,000 conversions.

Length/Distance- Millimeters, Centimeters, Inches, Feet, Yards, Meters, Kilometers, Miles, Mils, Rods, Fathoms, Nautical Miles, More...

Temperature- Celsius, Fahrenheit, Rankine, Reaumur, and Kelvin

Speed- centimeters/second, meters/second, kilometers/hour, feet/second, feet/minute, miles/hour, knots, mach, More...

Volume- Liquid and Dry. Liters, Fluid Ounces, Pints, Quarts, Gallons, Milliliter/cc, Barrels, Gill, Hogshead, More...

Weight/Mass- Kilograms, Ounces, Pounds, Troy Pounds, Stones, Tons, More...

Computer- Convert bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, and More...

Date/Time- Several different converters and calculators related to dates and times.

Cooking- Various cooking volume conversions, including Drop, Dash, Pinch, Teaspoons, Tablespoons, Cups, etc. Plus other cooking conversions such as butter weight, and gas mark temperatures.

Angles- Gradients, Radians, Degrees, Minutes, Seconds, Points, More...

Area- Square centimeter, Square meter, Square inch, Square foot, Square mile, Square Kilometer, Acres, Circles, More...

Power- Watts, BTU/hour, foot-lbs/second, Horsepower, kilowatts, More...

Energy- Joules, Btu, calories, electronvolt, erg, watt hour, therm, toe, tce, More...

Density- kg/cubic meter, lbm/cubic foot, lbm/gallon, aluminum, copper, gold, water, More...

Force- Dyne, gram-force, poundals, newtons, pounds, kgm-force, More...

Pressure- dyne/sq cm, Pascal, poundal/sq foot, Torr, inch H2O, inch mercury, More...

Astronomical- Astronomical unit, light-years, parsecs, More...

Numbers- Number conversions and information. Base conversion, SI Standard prefixes, American and British naming conventions, and more...

Finance- Several calculators and conversions related to finance

Miscellaneous- Several calculators and conversions that didn't fit any other category

Fun Stuff -Several fun and interesting calculators and conversions

Clothing- Convert clothing sizes between many different countries.

Light- Conversion calculators for illuminance and luminance.

Torque- Pound-force Foot, Pound-force Inch, Kilogram-force Meter, and Newton meter

Viscosity- Poise, Centipoise, Water, Oil, Glycerin, more...

Frequency- Hertz, cycles per second, revolutions per second, degrees per second, radians per second, many more...

Flow Rate- Many different flowrate conversions. Includes separate pages for mass based, volume based, and mole based flowrates.

Acceleration- Many different acceleration constants. g-unit, meter/square second, more...

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I wouldnt say its much harder, Id say its much harder to ride it witout making huge ruts and destroying the trail.... so be sensible. the trouble i have there is slippery logs and rounding a corner into a mud pit before a jump

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
The first time I ever rode it was in the wet. I rode it again when it was dry and it was way more fun. I guess it is hard to gauge since I rode it the first time when it was most challenging...but it made it even more fun and easier when it was dry. Just make sure you get back out there when it's nice out!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
It is the best in the snow when everything is frozen...seriously.

I like it better wet because people tend to speed up and get hurt when it is dry. The Warm up trail is pretty well graveled....just have fun and be safe.

Rhino

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
38 rocks in the rain. It keeps you on your game. The middle warm up is rock rock rock so it drains well. The lower jumps get a little sloppy when it has rained for a while, but still fun....

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
As I said I was planning, I went up, and it was great. The wet-and-slick factor really helped me to be more alert while riding, and the five of us were the only people there (whom I saw, anyway). Actually, the first hundred yards or so of the top part of the warm-up trail was practically a river, but it wasn't bad otherwise.