Quantcast

45' Creek Gap, It did go off & will continue!

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
kidwoo said:
You're either lying or have over analyzed your bike riding/racing to the point of complete staleness if you can't appreciate those pictures........racer or not. Who gives a fvck what forum it's in......it's worthy to anyone who rides.
No one said they don't apprectiate the pictures, obviously it's pretty spectacular. The problem is the chest beating that was going on in the other thread, and calling other members out and posting inflammatory comments to intentionally start something. That I'm not cool with, and won't tolerate.

Personally, whether it's posted here or in freeride isn't a big deal to me, as long as the conversation stays friendly. I'll make sure it does. :angry:

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
don't lie, that first shot is just some guy balincing on top of that pole! :evil:
that lil side kicker looks like my syle. and that case padding is a joke. mad props to the guys who stuck that.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
that gap jump is bad to da bone. i dont think i would hit it but props to those that did. is that gonna be permantent or just built for a little while?

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
I WOULD HIT THAT!

ONLY if THREE conditions were met:
1: I had a bike
2: If I were there
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
3: If I had enough bike ridin skills and big enough balls to go for it.
props

Jun 11, 2005
no idea - the angle makes it look bigger than it is

im not bagging the gap or the rider but its classic internet posturing

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Dan-Rides-Bikes said:
no idea - the angle makes it look bigger than it is

im not bagging the gap or the rider but its classic internet posturing
Still looks like about 45' in your picture.

It's hardly posturing. But your post that I just quoted certainly qualifies as such.

Both pics look about the same gap to me. 40ish.

I know for a fact the distance on the pic zach dank posted............and no the angle of that shot makes it look a lot shorter than it is.

It's interesting that you call BS on a post put up by an adult who probably did measure the thing. Were you actually there?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The Silverton Gap was measured I would bet since a representative of the mountain is posting it.

Jun 11, 2005
OGRipper said:
Dude it's not about you. Give the props that are due or shut your piehole.

Looks like about half a mile to me. Probably longer if you're standing on the launch thinking about it.
i did give props in the bit you didnt quote further down the page :nopity:

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
dream4est said:
that rider in the first shot is of course eliot hoover. boulders best. way to go man. i have ridden with that guy many times and he is sick.
Nice! I was wondering who the riders were and Hoping Elliot was there. He is definitely an Awesome rider!

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
First of all, mad, mad props to those who launched that gap. But I have one simple question.
Where was the first original photo of the gap taken from? It seems to be higher than the takeoff.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Holy f8ck that gap is bigger than Courtney Love's vagina! Maybe even more deadly!

:eek:

Good luck to all that hit it. (the gap that is)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
thats unbeliveable! To bad I'm not in Colorado, I'd come check it out. and by check it out, I mean WATCH other people do it. That thing is amazing. How big is the run in?

and for all you people that care about how long it is, shut the $&%@ up! Once we see a picture of you doing it, and landing it, then you can quabble about how long it is. Until then, keep quiet if you are not going to support other riders for going huge

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Those dudes got like 3 feet of air!!!!!!

I think I'd have to pass by that little stunt because if the crash wouldn't kill me my wife would for doing it :thumb:

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Very biggamus. Props fro rizzle. There is nothing remotely that big in NC. It still looks bigger than 45 feet, how in the hell did you get the speed for it?