Quantcast

4x Nationals Qualifier in the NW need help

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
We are trying are very hard to have a race to qualifiy people in 4x to be able to go to the USA cycling Nationals in SolVista this year. We have had to get the ABA & Usa cycling to agree on a insurance issue (6months)

Problem is there a large cost that comes along with putting on this race so it is a lot more money then our normal 4x races. Our turnout has gone down each race and we are not sure why? Any feedback would be welcomed?

I'm looking at changing the classes at are regular 4x races to beg, sport & expert with no age in each group to get more parity then we have now with the classes broke down by age groups. Again feedback on the classes would be helpful.

My question to the racers in the Northwest in Wa., Oregon & Idaho how many people that are going to Slovista to race DH would race 4x if you could get qualified?

How many people would go just to race 4x if we had a qualifier race in Wa. state?

Any help would be great .

Jason Gibb
PI 4x

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
if there were a venue that were closer to Portland I would consider attending. I just cannot justify a 4-5 hour drive and all the gas money. I'm not going to nats by any means but just as general feedback...

RAD

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
Bham
I would race 4x if there were a series here in the NW. It's fun to race 4x indoors through the winter, either down south , or up in Abbotsford, B.C. But it would be nice to be able to qualify for nationals with out driving so far. I thought I saw last year that you could qualify for nationals with a dual slalom placing. Is it easier course / insurance wise to do dual slalom?

www.rdwattersracing.blogspot.com

jgibb83

Chimp
Sep 29, 2008
RD the series at Pi has been running since Nov(gobmx.com) come join us at the next race love to have ya. Bring the Red jersey. ;)
Dual or 4x price is the same for all the fees that are required.It will cost us close to 700 bucks before we drop the gate. That is a lot of money and if we only get 20 riders we lose our shorts. I went to Abby last Tuesday it was a blast 6 rounds in a hour! I was beat!
Last year the closest race to qualify for nats was in Eagle, Idaho for Dual Slalom/4x. If we dont have this race that will be the closest again.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
General feedback: I'd probably come out and race, but I was told at practice that my rigid fork disqualified me. Come on! I haven't raced in 12 years, what am I going to do, beat everybody? The guy even said that I could run a locked-out suspension fork instead. My buds told me to put dustboots with hoseclamps on my rigid and race anyway.

Last edited:

Fearnot

Chimp
Sep 8, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
We are going to add a 4X lites class for the last 3 races. It is for those who are not fast enough for pro but want/need a little extra challenge. This class will have a cash purse. $10 from the entry fee will go towards the purse.

Cutters

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
Everett, WA
Would really love to race 4X in the summer time. It's a shame we don't have anywhere to race here in the NW. Liability and insurance issues aside, how about a 4X track at Duthie Hill? Even if it were an underground race series. At this point anything is better than nothing.

Jason, if there is anything I can do to help out I'm willing. I'm sure if there is enough interest we can all make something happen.

Cheers,

L.J.