Quantcast

50 Nutz?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
The dirt is perfect out here in San Diego. I had been waiting for this rain for months, so when it finally stopped raining I grabbed my shovel and headed out to my favorite jumping spot. I re-surfaced all 8 jumps in the 8-pack, and re-surfaced and re-constructed almost all the other jumps. On the third day of work(today) me and my buddy had been working for almost 4 hours when we heard the all too familiar noise of a small a$$ motorcycle being ridden by a rider who is obviously too big for the thing. We are working on the lower section of the jumps, out of sight of the 8-pack. I hear the engine niose: rev, rev, silence then a loud CASE. Over and over again. So we start making our way up to the section to check out the circus. Just as we start our walk two foolios with (of course) flatbill hats and no shirts come up to us on their tiny motos. "This place is like totally awesome bros, I can't believe we found it" As we stood there trying to talk to them we noticed that they had about 5 other people on foot with them (dressed in, yeah you guessed it: flat bill hats and "Famous" or "SRH" t shirts). Anyway the guys left in about an hours time, leaving out jumps rutted and our landings cased. It's funny cuz they told us, while we were staring at them, that they would fix anything they messed up. Afer all, they brought shovels with them..they must have been for decoration. Anyway, I'm just letting off some steam. Afterall, the jumps are near East county (land of rediculously lifted trucks and "flatbillers"), I shouldn't have expected any less.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
that is exactly why I have stopped digging altogether....no one respects eachothers work out there...I will only build if it's on private property of someone I know...D

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Similiar experience

MXers destroyed 4 dj's

MXers got in an argument with a rider over whether they could ride in the flow/jump/dropcourse

Horses ride down freshly cut DH line and pockhole the entire thing. I HATE PEOPLE!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
I wish I lived in the OC. Hey, but I think there are more 50s riders up there no? I know when I visited METAL he had a 50 and he was riding it like a 250, on the pavement of course, and with a flat no less. Or maybe they haven't found you're spot YET......Watch out one day you might go out there and find you're precious jumps rutted and full of divets(sp). :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

-ALF

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
Circus bikes! Everytime I see someone on a fifty it looks like they are trying so hard to be "that guy"! Super kooks! The 50 riders know darn well to steer clear of my hits(I just make em' insanely huge) None of the "flatbillers" around here have enough balls to twist there miny throttles at my kickers(PUSSIES!) :evil:

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
dirtdevil said:
Circus bikes! Everytime I see someone on a fifty it looks like they are trying so hard to be "that guy"! Super kooks! The 50 riders know darn well to steer clear of my hits(I just make em' insanely huge) None of the "flatbillers" around here have enough balls to twist there miny throttles at my kickers(PUSSIES!) :evil:
Sweetness...You're stoked.
I made the lips on the jumps a bit steeper in hopes of the guys not hitting them, but nah, they just "go big" and case the landings. They don't hit my bigger ****e though. Big line: 6ft take off lip, 13 foot gaps, it's a 5-pack. I'd like to see a 50 do that :nope: :nope: :nope: .

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
so why didn't you ask them to leave. All you have to do to get an east county'er to leave is tell them there's no waiting on isle 4 at walmart. Seriously though Couldn't you have explained that you'd just finished building the jumps and the dirt was still soft, ask them to grab a shovel and help with some other jumps and come back in a couple of weeks after the dirt's hardened? Maybe you could have suggested some other place they could ride?

Don't tell me you're afraid of confronting those flatbillers? All they do is sit around and watch reruns of that 70's show and punked or any of the DVD's in their colleciton of Astin Kutcher memorabilia. None of them are physically fit enough to really cause any trouble.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Have you tried putting rollers before your packs? Rollers in between jumps in the trannies? An occasional dirt spine? A hip into the pack? Just some ideas...

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
bikenweed said:
Have you tried putting rollers before your packs? Rollers in between jumps in the trannies? An occasional dirt spine? A hip into the pack? Just some ideas...
Well, they hit only the smaller pack which are spaced too closeley to put anything between, but just far enough to get their "mini motos" in. They hit one of the step ups as well, I kinda let that one go. The bigger set is good, they don't have the skillz to hit them :rolleyes: . First hit on the big line is a hip. I do have a spine and other assorted obsticles but they're not linked within the packs. The smaller set is for beginners and it is totally hacked up, which kinda sucks for my little bro and others who wanna progress and get better.

-ALF

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
Kornphlake said:
so why didn't you ask them to leave. All you have to do to get an east county'er to leave is tell them there's no waiting on isle 4 at walmart. Seriously though Couldn't you have explained that you'd just finished building the jumps and the dirt was still soft, ask them to grab a shovel and help with some other jumps and come back in a couple of weeks after the dirt's hardened? Maybe you could have suggested some other place they could ride?

Don't tell me you're afraid of confronting those flatbillers? All they do is sit around and watch reruns of that 70's show and punked or any of the DVD's in their colleciton of Astin Kutcher memorabilia. None of them are physically fit enough to really cause any trouble.
They roam in large packs and are quite intimidating. Besides, Alf is very anti-confrontational.

I'm sad they killed the little Eigil pack. Maybe they'll move on to jumps that take skill, and the safer, less intimidating ones will be left for me.

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
Fonzie18 said:
Nah, I ride my Short travel bikes for Dirtjumping. A DH bike would be quite pointless out there. I only bust out my DH bike for 30+ footers, and of course DH riding ;) .
30+ feet!?! Can I have your autograph?!?!@@#$!@

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I feel your pain. This s**t happens on the east coast also. I spent about 2 months building by myself on private property across from my house only to keep going back everyday and see ruts left by 50's. Not only did they rut the place out but if there was something they couldn't clear, they would just add dirt to the landing. Therefore all my 8-10 foot gaps quickly became 3-4 foot gaps. Finally I just knocked everything down and they had the nerve to show up on my doorstep and ask what happen to all the just and stuff. I could have killed them!!!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Keep your spots uber secret, and very hidden. Don't tell anyone besides your closest friends who help build where the jumps are. Never tell people who work at a shop. Give them a name that has no relevance to their locale, and that makes them sound small and lame. Put up no tresspassing signs, or post a fake sign reading something like: "________ Country Police: All persons tresspassing on this property are to be fully prosecuted. Area closed." There's always something you can do. Never stop digging.

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
Fonzie18 said:
-It's pinkbike distance, *edit for R.M.* 10+foot gaps, cuz you know I'm a sucky rider.
You should start riding you're bike, you ain't gettin nothing next season if you keep sitting around and monitoring the threads all winter, you "thread monitor" you.
I'm slow and out of shape. That's my excuse for not riding.