Quantcast

5'10" - 6'0" Monkies...can you measure something?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I just want to compare something. Can you measure from the center of your handlebar clamp to the center of your seatpost clamp?

Just trying to plan out what stem length I need while still missing a lot of parts.

Thanks a lot!!!

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by ChrisRobin
I just want to compare something. Can you measure from the center of your handlebar clamp to the center of your seatpost clamp?

Just trying to plan out what stem length I need while still missing a lot of parts.

Thanks a lot!!!
Uh, what kind of riding is this for? A true DH/FR bike or something you'll pedal around too and maybe even climb with on occasion?

Softy

Monkey
Apr 22, 2003
Don't call it a come back
Strange but my XC bike(SC sl) and DH bike(SC bullit )have the same measurement. 26.5". The seat hieghts are different . dropped way down on the DH and dropped a little for most XC. Both frames are large.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i'm 5'10", the measurement is just a bit over 22.5"(i think i measured it right anyway).
quite a relaxed feel, not stretched out and not too up front, thats running a 40mm stem, feels spot on for me.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by zedro
but i'm taller and prettier than you so it doesnt apply....

its really starting to irritate me how every time i read your posts, i hear them in that damn dogs voice:p