Quantcast

661 Flight II Hybrid...any owners?

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
I am looking at this helmet on backcountryoutlet.com for $140. I like the extra protection it offers (DOT), but I am curious about the visibility it offers. Looks like periphery vision would be reduced due to the smaller face opening. Also, is it simply too much helmet for the average dh rider? Any input would be great.

Last edited:

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
I belive it is the same or similar to my Icon Flight. It will feel more bulky then your old Bike Fullface. I did not notice much diffrence in peripheral vision. When I'm wearing the helmet I never see the helmet.

BBBSwan05

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
i used the flight II hybrid all season for dh and even on some freeride/trail rides around town. I raced all year and out at nationals where it was hot and dusty and was comfortable the whole time. Yes it probably gets hotter overall but once you get used to it, it is not a huge deal. it is heavier than 'bike' (non-dot) full faces however i have run dot helmets for the past two seasons and the added protection has really given me more confidence.
Overall: Its always worth it for your noggin.:thumb:

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Just keep your eyes on chainlove, I bought a 661 Flight for $100 on chainlove a few weeks ago. Turned out that the Med I bought was a touch too small, and the Large is too big so I cant wear the Flight.

Ended up buying a D2 carbon, again from chainlove, for $170 the other night.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
They're sweet. Just bought one on chainlove myself. I had another before, just a little preventative replacement :). They work very nicely. Lot better construction than an MTB helmet, much more confidence inspiring.