Quantcast

7/12/09 Riding Session

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
I'm going to be heading up to diablo park on the July 12 which is a Sunday, with a couple of friends. Who is in for a ride on that date? It will be our first time there and we would be arriving there around 9am.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
It usually seems the trails are less crowded on race day. Usually, only about 4 trails are closed. Some trails that intersect, you have to stop at to cross.

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
Thanks for the heads up fellas, I will look into another date. As I would like for all the trails to be open to hit every one up to see which ones I like.

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
I emailed Diablo about this earlier and they told me that only 2-3 trails out of 45 trails will be closed due to the racing. But that the park will be open like a normal day. If this is true then I will still make that trip out there on that date since I will still have like 40+ trails to ride throughout the whole day.

ezl_oo

Chimp
Jun 11, 2009
West New York, NJ
Here is an update email Shawn from Diablo park sent me just in case anybody is interested i going to the park on July 12. I will still be heading out there.

"At this time, we predict the following trails, or trail sections to be closed on July 12th: BMW, Stalker, Crap Chute. The final course layout is not 100% complete, however, if things change, they won't change by much. You'll still be able to ride 99% of all the real popular trails, jump trails, etc. Hope this info helps, thanks for checking-in."

Regards,

Shawn Orecchio
General Manager / Event Director
Diablo Freeride Park / U.S. Open of Mountain Biking
www.ridediablo.com