Quantcast

76 Pin Platform Pedal!!!!

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Well not really....

Just playing around and whipped this up in a couple of hours.
38 pins per side, although I have only done the one side because now I am going to bed.

Anybody have a CNC machine?

Word.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
if you dont want to fall off...damn just get SPDs...your foot could get hung up in the 32342 pins that you have anyhow...

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Yep.
Like I said, just playing around. If I were really designing it I would cut the count in half.

I do think most platforms out could use a few more though.

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
I'm not worried. Again just playing around.
I have KORE Elite Platforms which have 14 pins per side and I hardly ever slip. With good shoes on that is.

Speaking of which. I sometimes ride my bike to work which is somewhat of a dress-up workplace and I ride with my Doc-Martins or Sketchers that are the Doc type. These things grip like no other. The gummy sole on those is better than any Vans or Lakes that I use right now.

Doc Martin should make a riding shoe.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Roger that, doc's and sketchers are pretty nice for not slipping in, but the sole of doc's is a little too unsupported in the arch for longer rides. If they made a shoe with the classic sole and a siffener in the middle and maybe a little bit narrower toe section that'd be really cool. Plus Doc's last forever. I've got a pair that I wore every day for about a year. At that time I walked about 10 miles a day, so I'm guessing they have about 3000 miles on them.

Attachments

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
wingtips rule. i wanted a pair of the black/white doc wingtips so bad. well, i still do.

i slipped a pedal yesterday. haven't done that in forever. ouchy.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by xy9ine
these are better (fluevogs):

the angelic sole is amazing (plus, they're satan resistant)

hmm

what does that mean?

ive got some racevogs and the closest i could say they come to satan resistant was that once they kept me from running fast enough to kick a b*ds arse. does that mean the vogs kept the satan in me at bay?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by vitox
hmm

what does that mean?

ive got some racevogs and the closest i could say they come to satan resistant was that once they kept me from running fast enough to kick a b*ds arse. does that mean the vogs kept the satan in me at bay?
I miss my racevogs. :(

The new angel line are all "satan resistant"! So awesome. I am ordering a pair of these today actually