Quantcast

8 year old killed firing uzi at gun show

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Apparently this trial is going on now.....

I watched the vdeo on CNN. Not that I know anything about uzis. But the gun was jamming and doing weird stuff.....
Like walking into the hands of an 8 year old?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Jamming is not exactly "weird stuff" on an Uzi...and a blowback-operated weapon with a massive bolt like the Uzi rocks wildly back and forth during automatic fire. Especially if fired without the benefit of a deployed and properly utilized shoulder stock, as Uzi-shooting rednecks are wont to do.

It can be fired reasonably well, but requires training and some strength. They're cheap, POS guns designed as inexpensive, possibly concealable bullet hoses.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Jamming is not exactly "weird stuff" on an Uzi...and a blowback-operated weapon with a massive bolt like the Uzi rocks wildly back and forth during automatic fire. Especially if fired without the benefit of a deployed and properly utilized shoulder stock, as Uzi-shooting rednecks are wont to do.

It can be fired reasonably well, but requires training and some strength. They're cheap, POS guns designed as inexpensive, possibly concealable bullet hoses.
Sounds like Mike is gonna get his Koch out in a minute.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw a video of a man in one of those brown countries that hate freedom....firing a gun in the air at a outdoor function with his kid sitting next to him....he pops off a couple of shots...hands kid the gun...stands up...kid points the gun in the air and shoots him in the gut.

darwin was just outside of the picture i think.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
darwin was just outside of the picture i think.
Possibly in the guise of the gun show organizer. Jeezus ****ing Christ:

article said:
In 2003, Pelham officials took undisclosed administrative action against Fleury after he discharged a loaded rifle during a gun safety class he was teaching. No one was injured and Fleury said in a public apology he would take steps to prevent similar incidents.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i saw a video of a man in one of those brown countries that hate freedom....firing a gun in the air at a outdoor function with his kid sitting next to him....he pops off a couple of shots...hands kid the gun...stands up...kid points the gun in the air and shoots him in the gut.
just own it: you watch tosh.0 when the wife's asleep