Quantcast

888 mundane 888

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Currently sitting in urgent care getting hand glued shut and a tetanus shot. Cut my hand on an open can lid while I was pushing trash into the bag so I could slide the drawer out. Haley has now learned why she needs to take out the trash when it's full, not just stuff the trash and let someone else deal with it.

Otherwise, work. Still trying to get a match to stain for Wifey's new dry bar to the floor. Her last "frustration" point of the house to get it to how she wants it are the kitchen counters and I'm at the "fuck it, happy wife" point. Also, she makes our lush lifestyle happen, so yeah. Working the math as to how best do it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Don't shit talk my old Bomber. It's anything but mundane.

That said I've been looking at trying a singlecrown and making the 27.5er a better all-round bike. God, I love a DC up front tho.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Morning fake internet friends! Finally reduced the quantity of blood in my coffee-stream to acceptable levels, time to start doing whatever it is I get paid to do, should probably figure out what that is first.

had to extend my stay in maine...hopefully pops gets out of the hospital on wednesday. taking care of mom with alzheimers is...not fun.
Sounded like an awesome situation right up until that ellipsis. Been there with 3 out of 4 grandparents, getting there with my dad, Alzheimer's is pretty much the definition of "not fun".

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Currently sitting in urgent care getting hand glued shut and a tetanus shot. Cut my hand on an open can lid while I was pushing trash into the bag so I could slide the drawer out. Haley has now learned why she needs to take out the trash when it's full, not just stuff the trash and let someone else deal with it.

Otherwise, work. Still trying to get a match to stain for Wifey's new dry bar to the floor. Her last "frustration" point of the house to get it to how she wants it are the kitchen counters and I'm at the "fuck it, happy wife" point. Also, she makes our lush lifestyle happen, so yeah. Working the math as to how best do it.
Has she though?! has she really? Should we take bets on how long this lesson sticks?!

(I may be projecting a bit here...)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I lived with black widows in Atlanta. Interesting critters, incredibly strong webs.
We probably live with black widows... I don't really check. We are also a "live and let live" household when it comes to spiders, wasps, and other assorted insects.

But not hornets. Fuck those fuckers.

And ants. If you fuckin' ants show up *in* my house, I'm gonna get medieval on your ass. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We probably live with black widows... I don't really check. We are also a "live and let live" household when it comes to spiders, wasps, and other assorted insects.

And ants. If you fuckin' ants show up *in* my house, I'm gonna get medieval on your ass. :D
Definitely black widows over there. When I lived in Aurora, I accidentally kicked the baseboard off the sink cabinet in our bathroom. Found a whole family of them chilling in there...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i generally will scuttle any insects I encounter to the out of doors. but not silverfish or centipedes. sorry not sorry.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Contract pending on MIL1's CA condo. Off market sale to contractor we've been working with. We know it's low - maybe $10-15k - but getting out is our priority. Plus we have paper trail showing he knows what he's getting into if he tries to come back at us. Sale is "as-is", but just covering our asses.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Contract pending on MIL1's CA condo. Off market sale to contractor we've been working with. We know it's low - maybe $10-15k - but getting out is our priority. Plus we have paper trail showing he knows what he's getting into if he tries to come back at us. Sale is "as-is", but just covering our asses.
BOOM! Nice job. Glad MIL1 didn't insist on anything unreasonable... :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I thought the garbage rule was always; ye who tops and topples the trash, takes the trash out?

Still at work. The following is a real life depiction. If only the eye were a little more wonky and rolling in circles.
1643063208839.png

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That didnt take long now did it.
The solution is I fly with her, take a Monday and Friday off, she gets two days of me throwing shit into one room as she looks through it. Once the contract is signed - should be tomorrow, after RE atty looks at contract - then she can't get out. She gets to watch me really "clean".

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The solution is I fly with her, take a Monday and Friday off, she gets two days of me throwing shit into one room as she looks through it. Once the contract is signed - should be tomorrow, after RE atty looks at contract - then she can't get out. She gets to watch me really "clean".
What's she planning to do with the stuff she wants to save? Let it rot in a storage unit out there?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent an hour organizing the shop/basement. If I spend a few hours a day working at it I can probably have it all sorted in a few years.