Quantcast

888 vf reducing down

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
i picked up a 888vf super cheap to replace my blown up manitou stance, my bike is designed for a max 180 mm travel fork but this 888vf is 203mm, i was wondering if i can internally shim down the travel to sometthing like 180 or so? anyone with experience?

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
yea its an 05. i'm dragging my feet on buying a new fork cause i need a wheelset and a another new fork for a different bike so i'm trying to milk this one out instead of buying a 66rc3

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
With an 05 888 vf its super easy, all you have to do is cut some spacers the length you want to lower it and put them on the bottom of the dampening rods, ontop of the topout spring and then cut the springs to the desired length. I'd pm Alloy, he has a set of 7 inch 888 rc dampening cartridges you might be able to buy off him. That way you would would get a 7 inch fork and more adjustments.

or get ahold of me...I have a set of 170mm damper rods, both sides. My fork was originally 170...then got the 200 lengths for it.

cheap! They're just sitting in a corner of the shop collection dust...and I hate having to move them when I sweep.