Quantcast

888r - Separated!!!

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
we was just riding around, in a singletrack, with nothing to worry about when with no reason why..........
the 888r just.....
ps: the bike has just 1 month! :confused:

Attachments

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
yeah, but with a month of use?
someone had seen something like this???
thanks guys
we are from brazil, so here the things are a bit diferent.....
maybe we are going to ship the fork to USA!!! thats means 1 - 2 months without fork :mumble:
the guy was going to manual and then the hole thing just separated!!!! :stosh:
our luck is that nothing serius happened...... he just got some scratches on his back!!!!
bu if he was at 40mph? then it was going to be bad, very bad!!!
we are all ery disppointed!!!!

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Rafael-DH said:
yeah, but with a month of use?
has nothing to do with the amount of use, something in the internals was probably defective. The damper rod/topcap assemblies have been known to be overtightened, if it broke there they might have been cracked from the factory.

Anyways the lowers sliding off has nothing to do with the strength of the fork. I noticed the spring came out, so the upper damping rod broke on that one side at least.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
thats what everyone says.... when trying to recieve a replacement from warrenty. I know i did when i broke my giant frame.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well its not necesarily the dro pthat broke it but the ones before it that he hacked out or a cased jump or a major crash.... i still dont trust the 888s though. i know too many people who are having problems w/ them

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
lovebunny said:
well its not necesarily the dro pthat broke it but the ones before it that he hacked out or a cased jump or a major crash.... i still dont trust the 888s though. i know too many people who are having problems w/ them
Agreed. Thats why i run 02 monsters, only 600grams heavier but a **** load stronger.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Cave Dweller said:
Agreed. Thats why i run 02 monsters, only 600grams heavier but a **** load stronger.
good idea... i have an 05 888rc on my bike at the moment... when i pack the car up i make sure the trusty old 02 monster is in the back... she still has the CK crown race so i can throw it on in 5 mins :)

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
i have 04 888s the now and they are brillant,in fact im going to get a set of 05 ones as i like them that much.a few people i have spoken too have cracked the bit where the pinch bolts go but that got covered by warrenty.i have never heard of anything like what the tooo people have dont
pretty dogdy