Quantcast

|_____|Slacker Sunday|_____|

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My brother visited for the last couple of days but is now on his way back to Stockholm. Wanted to ride my bike today but super cold shitty weather.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ennio morricone stole quite a bit of the untouchables soumdtrack from his once upon a time in the west soundtrack....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My brother visited for the last couple of days but is now on his way back to Stockholm. Wanted to ride my bike today but super cold shitty weather.
You have been in the South for too long. It is raining, I'll give you that. But 16 °C is not cold for Denmark. Is the Covid 5G chip successfully surpressing your viking genes? :D ;)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Waiting to see what le wife would like to do today, she mentioned a hike with the DSO. I'd prefer to do a jor then head for some DH laps.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’ve gone from hiking 10 hours a day to zero exercise. Probably going to attempt to cram my swollen foot into a mtb shoe tomorrow and try some of this “easy riding” the doctor was talking about. Getting a little antsy…

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
37 miles yesterday on my roadie. a loop I do often but great roads and hard effort. Will try to get some time on the TT bike today just for practice

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
rode a 3/5 days, sorta tired so I might track down a creak in my bike, which is surely the F@#$ng PF bottom bracket or bearings. Seriously, enough. Threaded BBs in carbon is not rocket surgery. K.thx.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Second day here in Alberta. We'll be shuttling the local spot again. The sharp shale over top kinda of loose sandy pebbles takes some getting used to.

Trails so far have been a blast. Can't wait until we get into BC.

One of our buddies did eat shit though and that was after we said let's just take it easy, we've all been up since 3am etc. He came around a rock armored corner and washed out hard. One of his fingers was pointing the wrong direction and that shale chewed one of his arms up. Derp.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hallo ppls

listed my dh bike for sale on the bookface last night. Two likes but no bites yet

to Boulder with the whole fam for lunch with a twitter acquaintance later today. more moonlighting in the interim.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"why are we getting there 2hrs early?"
'Trust me. We need buffer.'
[30min check-in line, 25min security line, 45min food line]
'I knew it!'
"... >:("
'So... Let's go find somewhere to sit down and eat. :dead:'

:rolleyes::rofl:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Laying on the couch with a fucked up back. Didn’t even do anything to hurt it either FTS.

Muscle relaxers last night got me from a 7/10 to a 6.5/10, so I guess that’s good? Was hoping for more like a 2-3 so I could ride, wasting a perfect day watching TV right now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back in CO. Even with all the extra time planned for the airport, we had a whopping 15min spare before boarding. I don't think I've ever had the San Jose airport be that delayed. No issues on the plane for anybody, thankfully. But I am ready to deplane and cough my brains out.

Bring on the hail!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. I rode 46 miles on my tri bike this morning. I was delayed slightly because I had to put a new tube in my front wheel because the valve broke, then my sunglasses broke as I was cleaning the lenses, then during the ride I got a bee caught in my helmet (it did not sting me) then I got a bee stuck in my vest (it did sting me). I'm going to sit on my ass the rest of the day now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello. I rode 46 miles on my tri bike this morning. I was delayed slightly because I had to put a new tube in my front wheel because the valve broke, then my sunglasses broke as I was cleaning the lenses, then during the ride I got a bee caught in my helmet (it did not sting me) then I got a bee stuck in my vest (it did sting me). I'm going to sit on my ass the rest of the day now.
Probably not the day to learn how to juggle knives.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Just finished up a fantastic 31 mile lakeahore singletrack out n back. All the lakeshore campgrounds we rode through were empty. People are soft these days don't want to leave their RV's.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey Ho Monkeys!

Great race today, that was enjoyable. Finally got the wife's quad to start, now I just need to get it running.

When I stopped by the shop Thursday, they said "Everything is done except the motor mounts. We are having trouble finding some since it's a swap." So I went to NAPA and bought a set of the ones in it and went in yesterday to make sure they match up. I open the hood, took a look, closed the hood and left before I lost my shit. They have had the truck a month, there is less than a days work to do on it, they have done nothing. They pulled one motor mount and it's on a jack.

I'm not even sure where to start with this. The belt is an hour, the valve job is a couple, rear diff oil change is 30 minutes, they have done none of it. WTF have they been doing with it besides nothing? I can't even get it because a motor mount is out of it. Awesome.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Downhill MTB's were ridden down mountains by wifey and I. I know I'm not a "fast" rider. But most people being on their endurobro bikes at a DH park so you catch up with them on every run is getting annoying.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Hey Ho Monkeys!

Great race today, that was enjoyable. Finally got the wife's quad to start, now I just need to get it running.

When I stopped by the shop Thursday, they said "Everything is done except the motor mounts. We are having trouble finding some since it's a swap." So I went to NAPA and bought a set of the ones in it and went in yesterday to make sure they match up. I open the hood, took a look, closed the hood and left before I lost my shit. They have had the truck a month, there is less than a days work to do on it, they have done nothing. They pulled one motor mount and it's on a jack.

I'm not even sure where to start with this. The belt is an hour, the valve job is a couple, rear diff oil change is 30 minutes, they have done none of it. WTF have they been doing with it besides nothing? I can't even get it because a motor mount is out of it. Awesome.
You’re being too nice to them. Don’t be a total dick, but get them to agree on specifc tasks and deadlines. If there are problems (parts availability, etc.) ask them what they did today to address those. Make it clear that you don’t want to be a dick, but that you are paying for quality work done on a reasonable timeline.

Everyone (“in the trades”) is overworked / overbooked / in over their head these days. You need to be assertive without being a dick or your shit will never get done. It sucks, but welcome to 2023 in America…that said it seems particularly bad out here these days…

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Downhill MTB's were ridden down mountains by wifey and I. I know I'm not a "fast" rider. But most people being on their endurobro bikes at a DH park so you catch up with them on every run is getting annoying.
"Enduro bikes are so capable these days, you don't need a DH bike!" ;) :D

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Has been a solid Sunday. Opted out of a ride today to adult and mow, but mowed all of the trails in my woods too.
Followed up by walking said trails with the fam.
Did some erosion control on the mtb trails followed by ice cream.

AB4F6E53-E5BF-4182-861F-1622187CACB2.jpeg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dang. Now I kinda wish I had gotten some drugs. I’m here on day 10 using nothing more than Tylenol and still showing positive. Good luck on not getting the boomerang reboot.

Guess I’m taking the mask off in public tomorrow since my fever symptoms have been gone, as indicated by LA County. I might still wear it for the few public outings I do.

Today I mopped the house, and I’m taking Blood-borne Pathogen Training. It’s a 4 hour course on what not to do with sharp objects covered in human fluids. Haven’t taken the class in a few years, and we’ve got plans to stab people in August, so time to get smrt again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You’re being too nice to them. Don’t be a total dick, but get them to agree on specifc tasks and deadlines. If there are problems (parts availability, etc.) ask them what they did today to address those. Make it clear that you don’t want to be a dick, but that you are paying for quality work done on a reasonable timeline.

Everyone (“in the trades”) is overworked / overbooked / in over their head these days. You need to be assertive without being a dick or your shit will never get done. It sucks, but welcome to 2023 in America…that said it seems particularly bad out here these days…
I've heard they are short staffed and/or overbooked and I get it. But don't tell me you had issues finding valve cover gaskets for a 4bt, NAPA has those bitches on the shelf. I really hate being lied to,, though.