Quantcast

A bike is born

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Hello,

Just wanted to share a vid of my bike build.

Hopefully the snow and ice will clear up soon so I can get some real time on it too. :)

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
That was awesome!!

Friend of mine did a time-lapse vid of the buildup of his rig. His site is down right now, or I'd post a link.

I think yours came out better though.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Thanks guys.

Tomasis: That is near where I live in Gothenburg, near the botanical gardens.

It's on the south side of a ridge and we were in luck, 400x400m of more or less clear forest, everything else was sheet ice and snow.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Awesome vid, anyone who has ever built their bike from scratch can relate to the whole procedure.

Although you've got to admit it would be funny if you'd used a big f*** off hammer at least once.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
toodles: Yeah, should have used a blowtorch or something to spice it up. :D

insanitylevel9: Thanks, I have only two short days of riding in the local forest on slippery surfaces, I'll leave the in depth review after a few days of lift assisted awesomeness. ;)

I installed a Works -2 deg. headset to slacken it a bit and extend the WB, we'll see how it pans out.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think the thing that set this video apart from all other builds I've ever seen is the increbily and immaculately clean environment and parts used. It was more like a scientist in a clean room than a bike build.

Good work for finding a way to make the ordinary into something very original.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Thanks people. :)

Total Heckler: It's shot with a Canon 60D if I remember correctly. We also had another HD-cam running while I built the wheels for a time lapse. That might get put together if we can find the time.

bizutch: We shot it in my workshop (where I work), I like it tidy. :D

IH8Rice: How does 220mm sound? ;) Naah, the adapter was mounted on the caliper out of the box, we just shot is as it was and after we were done with the principal shots I did some more work on the bike. Removed the adapter, shorten hoses, add chain stay protection etc.