Quantcast

a city with weed is a city indeed!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
santa cruz is the pot capital:

Do the people of Santa Cruz really want marijuana to be what the city is known for?

That question just may be turning into a reality, especially after the passage last week of Measure K.

The ballot measure passed overwhelmingly, although we still believe that a number of voters didn't really understand the full implications of the measure.

It's part of a national effort by a well-funded group that's trying to overturn the nation's marijuana laws. They're going about the effort by picking off far-left towns like Santa Cruz to apparently convince the rest of the country that marijuana ought to be legalized.

We're not convinced that marijuana is really harmless, nor are we convinced that legalizing it is really the smartest move our society could make.

But were it to be legalized, we'd hate to see it done this way, where you end up with "pockets" of marijuana havens like Santa Cruz.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh yeah, I never think of weed and santa cruz at present.

Except when I think of santa cruz, and the impossibility of thinking about santa cruz without the bizillions of stoners walking around calling me brother......because they're smoking weed.

Sounds like a citizenship at odds with it's citizenship.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Legalizing it will piss off these road rage idiots even more...lol

Pot will not hurt our society if it's legal to buy & smoke.Doesn't our greedy tax harboring government wan't something else to TAX.....
But,oh wait. There is MORE money to be had with pot being illegal because the cops CONFISCATE property & INCARERATE more people ..

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Legalizing it will piss off these road rage idiots even more...lol

Pot will not hurt our society if it's legal to buy & smoke.Doesn't our greedy tax harboring government wan't something else to TAX.....
But,oh wait. There is MORE money to be had with pot being illegal because the cops CONFISCATE property & INCARERATE more people ..
That is the America of today, you hit the nail right on the head. There is no right and wrong, only mo dolla bills and less dolla bills.