Quantcast

a few boring pics from tonight's cleaning hour

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
spent an hour or so cleaning my bike tonight. With the days so short, opportunities to ride are much more infrequent, and I don't like to let my bikes sit caked in mud if there's little chance for me to ride.

Anyways... first pic is of my rim I bent this summer. Second pic is just a random shot of my bike, third pic is kind of interesting - a split in my sidewall that did not puncture the tube.

click thumbnails for bigger images...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I caught it on a root on the way down a hill. The root pushed the bike to the left, I fought it and tried to push the bike back to the right. The root won, and the rim took the brunt of it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
jacksonpt said:
I caught it on a root on the way down a hill. The root pushed the bike to the left, I fought it and tried to push the bike back to the right. The root won, and the rim took the brunt of it.
Damn!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The crappy part is not having to replace the rim - that's not a huge deal. The crappy part is that I had to walk back to my truck. I HATE THAT!!!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
jacksonpt said:
The crappy part is not having to replace the rim - that's not a huge deal. The crappy part is that I had to walk back to my truck. I HATE THAT!!!
If we liked walking, we'd be hikers. That sucks, nice bike though! :thumb:

J

JRB

You know that when the root is growing straight up, it is really the tree. Hmm, nevermind...