Quantcast

A giant kernal of corn

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Interesting excerpt from Levi's diary.

"If you were looking for me yesterday, I'm the one on the team with the black helmet. Some people were asking why the black helmet. I'm doing an experiment for Met to determine how helmet colour effects body temperature. That's a joke. But in all seriousness, when I was on Rabobank, we did a test to observe changes in body temperature during competition. The team swallowed thermometer capsules which wirelessly transmitted data during the competition. The capsule was then passed through your body like a giant kernel of corn."

what the heck..an internal thermometer...weird stuff. I've often wondered how hot my body got during long training rights out in the So Cal desert.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Heidi said:
Interesting excerpt from Levi's diary.

"If you were looking for me yesterday, I'm the one on the team with the black helmet. Some people were asking why the black helmet. I'm doing an experiment for Met to determine how helmet colour effects body temperature. That's a joke. But in all seriousness, when I was on Rabobank, we did a test to observe changes in body temperature during competition. The team swallowed thermometer capsules which wirelessly transmitted data during the competition. The capsule was then passed through your body like a giant kernel of corn."

what the heck..an internal thermometer...weird stuff. I've often wondered how hot my body got during long training rights out in the So Cal desert.
So they have a team support technician retreive the "kernel" for data analysis later on in the hotel???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
mattv2099 said:
I imagine they would have to. They can't afford to throw such things away in Europe!
If that's true, consider this... someone would have to swallow it for the next test :eek:

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
"wirelessly transmits data during competition" = no finding it afterwards to collect data, its sent to a laptop with a wireless connection of the same frequency.

i would imagine its disposable, but not too cheap. reusing that sort of thing would be...mistake. :eek: