Quantcast

A happy ending to a 7 month journey

This lil guy arrived at my office today:

It's tough to see in the pic but the wording is in this hot blue that matches my headset (very important, right?)

Above and beyond, the shock is also brand new - and the chainstays are carbon.

I honor of this event, I also wore my Titus socks to work today :monkeydance:

Thanks all!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
cant see the pics but I have a sneaking suspicion I know what it is!

what? no Titus panties to get in an uproar?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH!!! :D I am SO happy for you!!!! I really hope that this bike is exactly what you hoped the other one would be and more (I am partial to the sexy simplicity of the black myself!)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
woah that's hot!

Are the chainstays carbon or the seatstays? Or both??

Looks like everything has been faced and chased (bottom bracket and the rear disc tabs) so building it up will be easy peasy. :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BTW... this thread is mildly disappointing... I read... "HAPPY ENDING" I don't know what I was expecting over the internet, but I still feel a little cheated!

:shakefist:

:biggrin:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Beautiful.

Carbon chainstays? But aren't those welds there? Seatstays look like they have clamps on them, are those the carbon bits?

Regardless, it looks sweet and, though they f**ked up in the first place, it was good of Titus to make it right.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
thought you were going to make me some?! :)
I learned long ago to NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MAKE A JUDGEMENT CALL ON SIZES OF WOMENS CLOTHING!

too small= "what... you say I am overweight and want me to loose weight to fit into those?"

too big= "WHAT THE F**K... YOU ARE AN @$$HOLE... what are you trying to say?"

nope I can't win... you buy and send, I will print :biggrin:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
BTW... this thread is mildly disappointing... I read... "HAPPY ENDING" I don't know what I was expecting over the internet, but I still feel a little cheated!
Don't know why you feel cheated, if pics of a frame are blocked by your filter you'd probably set of some alarm in IT if it was really what you'd hoped.

Nice bike BTW!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Nice! On the ML 2 (what this frame is considered) the chainstays and the rockers are carbon. Rest of the swingarm is metal.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Here's the scoop:

"Lightweight carbon seatstays, and hydro-formed alloy chainstays, combine to create the perfect harmony of stiffness and lightweight.

Newly designed carbon rockers drop weight and add stiffness from their aluminum predecessors.

Two anodize finish options on the front and rear ends protect against flying objects and abrasive car racks.

The Moto Lite II comes in silver and green as well."

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I wonder what Titus will do with the old frame. Sell it? Junk it?
i would be willing to bet stosh's remaining teste that the frame will not be junked. no way in hell.

maybe it could be resprayed and used by an employee? i don't think they are in the business of selling used stuff. the polished rear will be taken off and put back into stock.