Quantcast

A locals race!

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
O yea, just so you know, the 26th is this playa's birthday, so I'll be expecting gifts of brocade shirts, gatorskin shoes, and velour fedoras from all you junior up-n-coming bidnessmen (and women). Attempts to spank me will be met with swift strokes of the pimp stick!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Possible rain/snow on Saturday and near freezing temps on Sunday....is the race still on? Keep us up to date with the D-Tails.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
rpk1988 said:
Possible rain/snow on Saturday and near freezing temps on Sunday....is the race still on? Keep us up to date with the D-Tails.

Frozen trails = fast trails - mud. I rode xc this sunday: all was frozen and blazing fast. The playa's should have stuck to they's guns and raced anyway. But I'm not hatin'. This weekend should be tundra-like as well... Don't cancel again. Or they's gunna be a committee come and pull your cred.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
SO we on this weekend? I gots to gets my schitzs to-getha fo dis race, or I be havin' issues. I have issues, yous got issues, if you know what I am layin down.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
yo just found out about this thing, what's the terrain like up there? Never ridden in baltimore area and va beach is flatter than an anorexic fashion model. anyone from the beach area headin up? Tryin to get a bike together for this weeekend already and I don't even know what's up, sounds hawt though!

Jan 18, 2006
The race is on. It will be ideal if it is frozen. Get your loot together and put your game faces on, no suckas allowed! Just cats interested in having a good time on the bike. Look forward to seeing everyone out, be ready to ride.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Score! Yes, I am not sure if my body is physically ready to ride but I am itching mentally to get out and ride. You guys will be snapping pictures right? Sweet, see ya Sunday!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
The wife (not my ho) may be snappin photos, and necks if she gets the urge.

NoName, you want to ride up?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
The wife (not my ho) may be snappin photos, and necks if she gets the urge.

NoName, you want to ride up?
damn skippy , trying to gin up some interest from ridetoofast also, haven't heard anything from the bastage though. do you know where this is? I'm definately game just pm me and let me know when you're hittin the road.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Noname, PM sent as to location and time.
No chance for cancellation. Just gotta remember to keep it all on the DL.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Trail conditions cut and paste from another local board:

"Things are drying out nicely, but there are still some ugly spots, but they’re short. Most is dry or tacky. The ugly spots are wet and slick, ground beneath is hard, with about a ½ inch of mud on top. There were some soft spots too, penut butter consistency. I did see 2 riders pass by, and they weren’t obscenely muddy."

Take it with a grain of salt. Sunday should be cold enough to see most everything froze up good. We shall see.

See you all Sunday.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Someone PM noname the phone digits for tomorrow, might help us southie kids out good.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
That was race was awesome! Thanks for putting that on guys. No one can touch my super shooting skills. Sweet.

What did you guys think?

Where can we find the pictures of the race when they are all uploading and such?

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Good, almost clean fun! ya'll don't know nothin bout the clickity-clack though :sneaky:

Major props to Jivefool and the others involved, organization was good,the BBQ was a nice touch and I'm lovin the plaque Will.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Big ups to all who showed up- thanks for making a fun idea into a real event! Congrats to Dustin who took first: wearing blue jeans and riding a singlespeed hdtail w/o front brakes! My man brought a lil street flava to the woods from the hood! Sorry the course wasn't marked as well as it coulda been, causing some to miss key turns and stations, but we gotta keep it ghetto somehow.
We're thinking about throwing another event or two before next winter; maybe something street oriented, maybe more DH, but always with the YousGuys twist. Keep an eye out!

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
The majority of the tracks on the disc are courtesy of my brother by another mother, DJ Shoshinobu from yamabushidesign...if you want to represent the future of progressive culture, you better have the right armor for your soul.
Support working artwarriors! Start a conversation with a Yamabushi Designs shirt!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Magn, next time you gotta do something more "friendly" for the fat kid rolling in the faux man thong!

Damn fine time though. I know I came in dead to rights last (because my less then svelt ass wasn't ready for the battan death ride before) and I still had a grande kick ass pimp a riffic time.

Let us VA Beach monkies know when the next show is, I know NoName and I will be there. Might even get "ridetoofast," which is a misgnomer, to come out for it. That would be two kids who love the food to come out.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I do try. I didn't have it set up for the XC part of the ride. Turns out Dee Maxx wheels aren't so great for long flats.

On the upside, it slayed the DH sections of that run.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Will. I just checked out your link. The Dr Angus "Cheesy"commertial comes to mind, but I love it. especially the pic of Dumb Donald in the collage on the home page....Pimptactic!!! Pimptacular, total Pimpdalirium!!!!

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
rpk1988 said:
Where can pictures be found of this race?
I'm hoping Peppermint Pattie will see fit to post a few on the Traction blog, but don't hold your breath. Glad you like my bro's site, EC...now buy something from him and let your true colors shine through!