Quantcast

A new recipe for Narlus

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Italian Spinach & Sausage Soup.

This one is REAL easy, and it tastes great.

2-3 Italian sausages (Hot, sweet, or mix)
1 small onion -diced
2 Tbs Oilve Oil
1 cup uncooked rice
2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 red pepper -diced (optional)
2 tsp Fennel seeds (optional)
1 can chicken broth
3 cups water
Salt

Squeeze the sausage out of its casing and start browning it in a pan on med-high heat (so it browns). When it is halfway done, add the oil and onions, pepper (optional) and fennel seeds (optional).
When the onion becomes translucent, add in the uncooked rice, and continue to sauté for another minute or two (this will brown the rice a bit).

Add in the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Turn off heat and throw in the fresh spinach. Stir in the spinach for 1-2 minutes, add salt to taste, and serve with a nice piece of crusty bread.

This is an original -BB- creation!!

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds tasty. :drool:

But I think somebody stole your recipe............ :think: Some of them even embellished.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Spinach+&+Sausage+Soup&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

-S.S.-
I knew that there were similar dishes. I simply meant that this was the version that I made from scratch, having never looked at any other versions.
I simply happened to have those ingreadients in the kitchen, and knew that there was something similar, so I winged it. And it came out GREAT.

Sometimes... the simpler the better too.
:thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
-BB- said:
I knew that there were similar dishes. I simply meant that this was the version that I made from scratch, having never looked at any other versions.
I simply happened to have those ingreadients in the kitchen, and knew that there was something similar, so I winged it. And it came out GREAT.

Sometimes... the simpler the better too.
:thumb:
Absolutely! It's knowing what goes together that is the trick. I'm gonna try that sausage soup. I :heart: spinach.......... :thumb:

-S.S.-

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
SkaredShtles said:
Absolutely! It's knowing what goes together that is the trick. I'm gonna try that sausage soup. I :heart: spinach.......... :thumb:

-S.S.-

The trick is to not cook it very long.
Maybe a minute or two at the most.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
This is a great idea, super versatile. This would work with chard, rapini, and just about any other bitter green. I do something similar I call "paella soup" with chorizo instead of italian sausage and saffron threads instead of fennel seed. Go deluxe by adding seafood near the end - clams, mussels, shrimp and/or fish chunks. Kind of a rustic, sausage-y boulliabase or something, I dunno, but I do know it's damn tasty.