Quantcast

A New Time, A New Group.... We will make a Difference - Dirt Passion

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Hey all,
We collectively wanted to go public and let everybody know of some new developments with Dirt Passion. You might have noticed my Avatar and Sig change here on the RM forum, well we are joining forces to make an honest hard core effort to put the region on the map. We honestly believe this is NOT about us and SOLELY about you all, the riders, racers, builders, etc (that's our charter) and we know we can't make this work without your support.

The first major combined effort will take place at Nationals.... more on that later! We can't wait!

Any questions or comments, let us know. Thanks All!

Jay

You can read the PR at the following link or it's pasted below: http://dirt-passion.pinkbike.com/blog/Dirt-Passions-First-Case-The-SouthEast.html

06-25-12 Dirt Passion Press Release

Dirt Passion's First Case!.... The SouthEast

South East? A Mountain Bike scene? Really? …… You bet your sweet bippie! Four names that have recently made ripples in the Carolina’s, Dirt Passion (Sam Anderson, Chris Annesi, Jacob Teer) and Jay Schultz are joining forces to turn those ripples into waves.

Why you ask? All too often the most visited internet mountain bike websites rarely have any coverage of events, races, teams, riders, trails, builders, etc. featuring the South East region. The new partnership at Dirt Passion is taking on that challenge with the goal of delivering just that. Dirt Passion is morphing into a complete media house offering professional cinematography, photography, press/media relations and promotions for anything and all things throughout the SE region. Distribution of this media will be directed to all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, etc) and all mountain bike specific internet sites (Pinkbike, Vitalmtb, etc).

Dirt Passion literally seemed to bubble out of the North Carolina mountains like ground water with Finding Flow, a 26 minute edit featuring local riders, trails, and riding. That release proved that Sam, Chris and JT have what it takes to bring the long deserved attention of what this region has to offer the mountain biking scene.

Jay Schultz, whom has been handling all things Press and Media related for Team BGB-Mountain Khakis in 2011 and 2012, has had a long passion for photography stemming from a past life spent on the motorsports circuit. That passion for shooting sport action still remains, now with a two vision instead of a four wheel vision.

Quote from Jay Schultz, “There’s recently been lots of talk about rarely ever seeing anything online about the SE and we realized those people were right. I think there is some new momentum that’s come up in recent months with putting this region on the radar. This partnership is the natural progression and next step for bringing attention to what this area has to offer. We realized that we couldn’t can't get there alone with just pics, with just PRs, or just vids, but combine the three and we’ve got the formula for success. If there is one thing we want all readers to take-away from this report…….. this is not about us, it is about YOU, the RIDERS! We need your support out on the trail to make this a success. First the Southeast, then the rest of the world….. World Domination! Watch Out!”

The first combined effort for this passionate group all under the name “Dirt Passion” will take place at the U.S. Gravity Nationals at Beech Mountain Resort. Details on that effort to come, so STAYED TUNED!

Dirt Passion Website: http://www.dirtpassion.com
Dirt Passion Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DirtPassion
Dirt Passion Vimeo Page: https://vimeo.com/dirtpassion

For any further information please contact: Jay Schultz, Ridemonkey ID: Waterdogs Dirt Passion, Media Manager – Dirt Passion

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I should have also mentioned that 95% of the images shot for events will be posted on the Dirt Passion FB page and/or on one of the online bike specific websites (still deciding on which). Anyways, if you haven't "liked" the Dirt Passion FB page, please make sure you do for all the latest information and updates.

http://www.facebook.com/DirtPassion

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I am glad to finally see something happen like this in the South East. It's about time the Racers, Venues, and Sponsors get recognized in the South East. Jay is a great person to help lead this up along with the group from Dirt Passion.

You know I am there to help where I can as always.

Cecil

Jul 6, 2010
Lafayette, La
As one of the few Louisiana DH riders with more dedication to the sport than I know what to do with, I will support this 100% in any way I can. Mountain bikes is a huge aspect of my life and my location will not be enough to slow down my progression!

Addict
(James O'Brien)

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Jay is a great person to help lead this up along with the group from Dirt Passion.
Thanks, but there is no "j" or "i" in team and this is much more than just me, Sam Anderson, Chris Annesi, Jacob Teer and even sometimes Mrs. Heither Schultz complete the package ..... not to mention each one of you, the riders, are a part of the team as well.

We've got more projects lined up than we can shake a stick at right now.... that's a good thing. We already got some people wanting to talk to us at Windham, it will take some work to make it all happen. Can't promise anything, but the fact that people are wanting to talk is a great sign.

Last edited: