Quantcast

A pre 4th ride ,on the 3rd.

splat

Nam I am
Meet up With a Couple of Peps to ride ,Including woodsguy , river19 and Mrs River19. anmd we would ride the Sutton Waterworks.

we were not in the woods 5 minutes when it got Dark as night , we could hear the rumbling of thunder , and we waited for the heavens to open up . it rained lightly but we missed the heavy stuff

Mean while When I took this pic , it was so dark , I had to lighten it up alot so You could see anything in the pic

River19 on t littel roll/jump

non-monkey JRA

Mrs River19 , not ridingthe natural Berm

Woodsguy getting a little air off a double roll

River19 on a roll

Now it is getting dark as we make our way out of the woods

River19

Chimp
Jan 27, 2008
Was the camera drinking during the ride? Pics were cool, too bad they came out a little fuzzy………originally I thought I was just pickled when I saw them, as I was pickled. However, upon further sobering, they still look pickled……

It was a cool ride, that is a challenging trail system if you have never ridden it before (Me and Nancy), I’m happy I didn’t kill myself and aside from my chain wanting to jump off, I was pleased with my riding.

It was awesome to ride with you guys.

Steve

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Yes, great ride. I thought for sure we were going to get drowned when it got that dark. Nice pics Splat. Normally I like to try and get pics on the rides but I wasn't feeling it that night. Maybe it was because I had leader duty. I don't mind though. That is a great trail system. But like Steve said, it is tough your first time. If you don't know how to flow with the trail and try and fight it, it will kick your butt! It is also easier the faster you go. The first time I rode it I thought I was going to die! I recently mapped out the trails and you wouldn't think it but it climbs over 2000'! All short ups and downs so you never get a break. Even the ride we did on Thursday was over 1300' of climbing. Maybe more because I forgot to restart the timer after a couple of breaks (you will notice them as straight segments on the map). Also, the total ride was more like 7.5 miles.