Quantcast

A Rant...Completely off on a Tangent...

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Sorry just had to share my excitement...

Hell Yeah, just bought the Oneal Rok Blok II Chest Protector, and I'm good to go. I wanted to hit a few more things last time I was at keystone,
but I just didnt have the nerve without a chest protector.
All from Crashes while riding a bike, I have broken my Collar bone in 4 places, Cracked my ribs, Numerous concussions, Complete Right Knee Reconstruction, Right knee Torn ACL & Miniscus Requiring
Immediate Surgery Last year Racing DH at Crested Butte Wild Flower Rush, 2 bones broken in the lower leg, broken Fingers, hands, sprained wrists, ankles, and Deep cuts requiring stitches, and that's what's kept my nerves down as I'm sure you would understand. All of that of course over many years of riding, but I seem to remember what they felt like alot more now and have become an aged big 'ol Wuss. That hurts the Ego! LOL
Ok, well that and the mechanical troubles I seem to have been plagued by recently. Blown Shocks, Hayes brake pads falling out ??? (WTF), Constant pinch flats, but all that no more. Got Shock "PUSHed", New Hope Mono 6 Ti Brakes Coming and now going Tubeless. Maybe I will actually learn how to Ride. After Crashing on "Wild Thing" and the Rock Garden on "Cowboy Up" Recently, That told me that it might be a good investment to purchase a chest protector. I wont lie, I'm a beginner DHer and I will am always learning how to ride better. I find that I learn quicker by riding with others. So it's a shame that the season is nearing an End, but I'm looking forward to next year and meeting more monkeys and a trip to B.C. You know what I'm talking about.
Rant Done.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
hey, those are more injuries than i think i'll ever have. reconstructive surgery does not sound fun. but hey, once you try that chest protector out, post a review or something. lookin for a good one. yeah, cowboy up and wild thing are fun, but there are just some bitchy sections. i've had my share of endos in that rock garden. a word to the wise: never ride cowboy up on a three inch fork.