Quantcast

A tasty pasta dish I threw together

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So I decided to experiment with wheat pasta yesterday and the results were quite good.

Basically, I cooked some whole wheat linguini (about 3/4 lb.)
In a skillet, I cooked up some hot italian turkey sausage in EVOO. When it was finished, I removed it and sauteed two cloves of chopped garlic, sliced red onion (a medium one) salt & pepper and a quarter of a yellow pepper (for color). Then I added 3 small zuccini that I had sliced into matchsticks (I know there is a fancy term, but it's escaping me) and a half cup of chardonnay. Cook this mixture about 8-10 minutes until the zuccini is cooked to your liking (I like mine to have a little bit of crunch to it so I cooked for only 8 minutes). Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the water. Return the pasta to the pan and mix with reserved water, toss in the zuccini mixture, sausage, add 2 plum tomatos (quartered and seeded) and 1/2 cup of shredded parmesean, salt & pepper to taste.

We enjoyed it with a nice glass of chardonnay. I wish that I had taken a picture of it as it was quite colorful and delicious! It really was quite easy to make too.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sounds good, though i'd have substituted yellow or vidalia onion for red, and used sav blanc or similar dry white wine instead of chardonnay.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
narlus said:
sounds good, though i'd have substituted yellow or vidalia onion for red, and used sav blanc or similar dry white wine instead of chardonnay.
I was thinking the chardonnay was a bit much, but I was opening it to drink so I tossed some in. I generally would have used vidalia too, but I had a red onion I wanted to use up.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I ate leftovers for lunch today and it was SO much better. The pasta really absorbed the flavors nicely. I can't wait to make it again (perhaps with full on pork sausage this time ;) )