Quantcast

A Trio of Ass Clowns

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Local disc jockeys who laughed at beheading are fired

PORTLAND - The radio station KNRK at 94.7 FM is issuing an apology to its listeners after talk show hosts Marconi, Tiny and sidekick Nickie J. laughed at and ridiculed the beheading of American Nick Berg.

The three were fired Thursday afternoon, after airing the audio recording of Berg's murder repeatedly on Wednesday and laughing at the incident.

"Disgusting… I'm speechless," said one woman.

KNRK and Entercom, the company that owns the station, apparently agreed, playing an apology over the airwaves for their listeners:

The actions of the KNRK News Morning Show were insensitive, inappropriate and repulsive. On behalf of Entercom Portland and KNRK, I apologize to our listeners.

However, listeners like Blaine Dohman say they are still angry.

"I'm dismayed and just flabbergasted," said KNRK listener Blaine Dohman. "Number 1, to be put on the air, and two, not be put in check by the powers that be."

KXL radio talk show host Lars Larson also played the audio over the airwaves, but with a strong warning to his listeners.

He says the Marconi show's ridiculing of the incident is inexcusable, but thinks Americans should hear and see what happened to Berg, saying images have been shown by the media before and the incident with Berg is no different.

"I don't think that the America news media can decide for you what you can and cannot see. On the other hand, I don't think this should be on the air and then laughed at and made fun of," Larson told KATU News.

Company officials say they were never told the shock jocks were going to laugh at the killing of Nick Berg on the show.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
What humor did they possibly see?

Why do they still have a job? Yeah free speach is great... but you don't have the right to be paid for it. Fire their arses.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Originally posted by Slugman

Why do they still have a job? Yeah free speach is great... but you don't have the right to be paid for it. Fire their arses.
Uhm, did you happen to read the story or at least the headline?

Not trying to be too b!tchy, but there's been so many drive by postings without people taking aim. You just happened to throw a big softball up. ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Slugman

uhh, read the article... second paragraph, first sentence.

at least we all agree they're idiots/assholes

EDIT: Spud beat me to it :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well,
Some friends of mine were laughing at it and they asked me what I did when I watched it. I wasnt horrified. I just kind of watched it and went "well, that must've sucked"
action movies have totally destroyed my sensitivity to such things.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by Spud
Uhm, did you happen to read the story or at least the headline?

Not trying to be too b!tchy, but there's been so many drive by postings without people taking aim. You just happened to throw a big softball up. ;)
D'oh - think I need glasses... skimmed the article too fast!:eek:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Between this, the attack bikers, I question where they are finding they're "talent" for radio.:confused:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
check it out...

http://www.knrk.com/

AN APOLOGY TO OUR LISTENERS:
ON WEDNESDAY MORNING THE MARCONI SHOW FEATURED A SEGMENT REGARDING THE EXECUTION OF AMERICAN NICK BERG. THIS SEGMENT INCLUDED THE AUDIO PORTION OF THE EXECUTION VIDEO.

I AM PERSONALLY SHOCKED AND OFFENDED BY THE ACTIONS OF THE KNRK MORNING SHOW. WHILE THE TOPIC ITSELF IS A LEGITIMATE NEWS STORY, THE ACTIONS OF THE KNRK MORNING SHOW WERE INSENSITIVE, INAPPROPRIATE AND REPULSIVE.

ON BEHALF OF ENTERCOM PORTLAND AND KNRK, I APOLOGIZE TO OUR LISTENERS AND LET YOU KNOW THAT DUE TO THESE ACTIONS WE HAVE TERMINATED THE EMPLOYMENT OF THE MARCONI SHOW.

-- Jack Hutchison, Vice President of Entercom Radio Portland, General Manager KNRK-FM
CONTACT INFO: JHUTCHISON@ENTERCOM.COM

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Damn! Since I started working downtown, I haven't listened to Marconi in a while. Man, glad I don't now. He was the afternoon dj for a long time and was great, but when they moved him to morinings he got this huge ego.

I can't imagine him being that stupid, but then again, the show was bad. He'll have a tough time getting a gig after this.