Quantcast

advice on NOT eating much

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
when iwas a kid , i was pretty fat. as soon as i got into bikes,that was no longer an issue.BUT i still eat prettly scarcely,like oats for breakfast,burgen bread for lunch with an apple and pasta or something for dinner.i still need to get into a bit better shape.im 6'2 and fifteen years old if that helps.i dont find i need to eat any more,but do you think that the amount i eat now could be detrimental to my health?
oh yah and i do weights 3-4 times a week

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Originally posted by Acadian
that is not enough considering how active you are. Eat every 2-3 hours but small meals. Ever heard the sayding "eat to loose weight"? By starving your body, you basically slow it's metabolism! It is not how much are you eating but what and when you are you eating!
Could not have said it better myself:D

I just started a cycle of Charge by Labara Nutrition. It is a "fat-burner" with ephedrine (which turns away most people) but the one things I notice besides it makes me all warm and fuzzy is that it really curbs your appetite. I used to eat like a horse considering my size and all but now I can barely finish a med-size plate of food before I start feeling sick. Really weird feeling....

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
yah,but i have a very small appetite.i dont feel hungry ever,and that is all i eat.im not worried about dieting per se`,because i dont think diets work.you have to change lifestyle,which i have.what i am saying is that im worried im not eating enough,especially considering im 15 and still growing.

Originally posted by azrael
im not worried about dieting per se`,because i dont think diets work.you have to change lifestyle,which i have.what i am saying is that im worried im not eating enough,especially considering im 15 and still growing.
You are right on the money. Please, call my mother and explain the change of lifestyle thing to her - I've been trying for years....

anyway, I agree with the above. Lots of protein and lots of carbs - the good carbs - brown rice, sweet potatos, whole grains, etc.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
i probably should mention that while i do eat chicken,i dont eat meat(hate the taste)so i think i'll start making a batch of beans at the begining of the week and having that for lunch.

Jun 21, 2002
Colorado
I've heard that lots of fiber helps with metabolisim and fat processing which can help with weight loss. Im 17 and 6' 3" and use a fiber supplement like chitosan from gnc it seems to be helping with my weight but of course ask your docter first. As for ephdrine/ephdra id say stay away it may help supress apetite but it also causes the heart to race. And you do not want a racing heart all day it is incredibly unhealthy and can cause serious problems. Drink water stay hydrated water is one of the best ways to help your body, metabolisim and all water is the most overlooked part of keeping healthy. Stay away from pop it only causes further dehydration and adds on globs of bad carbos not to mention tooth decay. Last but not least ride lots its fun and healthy. and as metioned above dont under eat it only screws up your body more that is the best piece of advice ever.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
ok,its been a while since ive posted.i definetly was not eating enough,but it was hard to eat more,due to fear of losing all my progress.now i am working out exactly what works best for me.
question:people say eat small meals every 3 or so hours,but how is the body meant to use fat as an energy source if the energy(the food)is constantly being replaced?

Originally posted by azrael
ok,its been a while since ive posted.i definetly was not eating enough,but it was hard to eat more,due to fear of losing all my progress.now i am working out exactly what works best for me.
question:people say eat small meals every 3 or so hours,but how is the body meant to use fat as an energy source if the energy(the food)is constantly being replaced?
your body always burns a combination of fat, protein and carbs - it's the rate at which you excercise which determines the ratio of what is being burned.

I understand what you are asking - but the body just doesn't work that way. making yourself hungry (by not refueling) will not ensure your body burns fat for fuel. In fact, when you eat less, your body thinks that it has to go into a self preservation mode - and keeps the fat!

by spacing out your meals throughout the day, you are giving your body a constant intake of nutrition. your blood sugar levels will not spike and dip and you should not be hungry between meals.

hope I answered your questions.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
when you say exercise...do you mean normal everyday energy use,ie walking heartbeat ect. or do you mean exercise as in riding lifting ect?