Quantcast

Aero Bars - Advice Needed

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
My girlfriend wants aero bars for her road bike. Can someone give me some ideas on what to look for when shopping?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Neither, just getting to do a lot more road riding and she wants to try some. I'm/we aware of some of the negatives of using them for road riding, but want to give them a personal try.
I tried some for road riding and was disappointed at the loss of some hand positions.

But yeah, any should work.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Thanks for the help.

Another question for y'all. Looks like Shimano went to a newer road clipless design for road, SPD-SL. . . . yes, it's been a while since I looked into road stuff. Are there any options (adapters?) to use SPD-RL shoes with SPD style pedals?

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Thanks for the help.

Another question for y'all. Looks like Shimano went to a newer road clipless design for road, SPD-SL. . . . yes, it's been a while since I looked into road stuff. Are there any options (adapters?) to use SPD-RL shoes with SPD style pedals?
Sidi makes some adapters to go from 3 hole Delta to SPD.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
On another cycling forum, people would be trying to convince Mr. Peabody to use a different pedal.

(which is dumb since SPD-SL is the best pedal)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Thanks for the help.

Yes, Sidi, CrankBrothers, and a few others make a plate that is installed on the shoe, or you can just buy shoes that have both patterns drilled in them, or just wear Mtn shoes, we have alot of riders in our shop that ride road with Mtn shoes.