Quantcast

After rides, what do you for a meal?

After rides, what do you for a meal?

• Total voters

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Generally I cook dinner (usually I try to plan ahead and have something easy prepared or thawed to prepare). Sometimes (on Friday nights) we hit the local pub for dinner (some beers and we may order food too).

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
combination of 'all of the above'. The main thing I try to do is the post ride carb load to aid in recovery. Generally the first part of that quest is an ale. The location of the ride generally determines where we go and what we eat. Blue Cheese/Kobe burger, pasta, burritos,....anything quality with carbs and protein.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I think you need another option unless take-out also means FAST FOOD. Most of the rides we do end with an hour to hour and a half drive back home. We always get fast food or some kind of food from a place where we don't care how we look or smell.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Since most of my rides start and end at my house - I fix up something here. Saves money and is better for me (usually) :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it depends on the crew and the ride. we used to have big rides then heavy grill/beer action @ my house afterward, but haven't done that in a while. if i'm more than 90min from home, i will just grab something quick.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It really depends on the ride and the crew. I know the importance of recovery, so my ideal post-ride meal is two or three pitchers of margaritas and a two-hour drive before getting home and eating anything and everything within reach. :cool:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Eating after riding usually just means we keep drinking, but without the bikes in the way to trip over. Sometimes burgers, sometimes pizza...Sometimes I'll cook at home, usually some kind of chicken, pasta, or BBQed salmon/veggies.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Pretty much I want Beer and then a nice rare fillet steak in my choice of sauce (Asian styles are my fav. at the moment) with some nice leaf salad with red onion, spring onion, bell pepper, cucumber, maybe some orange and a light dressing. Then more Beer!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Changleen said:
Pretty much I want Beer and then a nice rare fillet steak in my choice of sauce (Asian styles are my fav. at the moment) with some nice leaf salad with red onion, spring onion, bell pepper, cucumber, maybe some orange and a light dressing. Then more Beer!
Sauce on a filet? Sacrilege. :rolleyes:

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i usually have a preped meal waiting that has a high protien carb combo and needs to taste good. No quick fixes.........chicken salads or pasta with protien. No store bought crap or take out.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
trailblazer said:
i usually have a preped meal waiting that has a high protien carb combo and needs to taste good. No quick fixes.........chicken salads or pasta with protien. No store bought crap or take out.
Pretty much where I am at. I always have chicken pounded out and ready to grill off. I snack on raw veggies and small amounts of hard cheese until the main meal is ready. Lately we get canadian pork loins in cyrovac packages. They are tasty and cheap.