Quantcast

Aftermarket company for Super 8 parts?

s_racer2003

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Well, I finally hauled my bike out to Moab to ride some of the awesome stuff around here. I took my bike to a local bike shop this morning to have my rear brake bled and to pick up some new pads before heading out. Right after the mechanic gets the bike on the stand, he notices the lower shock mount on the swingarm of my Super 8 is broken!:plthumbsdown: Now not only can I not ride (without worrying about my shock popping out right as I land a sweet drop) but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a company that makes a swingarm for it. The guy at the bike shop mentioned a company called Reissee or something like that, but I've tried about a million different spellings and for the life of me can't come up with anything. Any suggestions?

I guess I'll be destroying another rental bike on this trip. Haha.

s_racer2003

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Yeah, I finally found that risse web site. Looks like about the only thing I'll get from them is a custom bit. I just e-mailed santa cruz to see what they say. I guess it may be time for a new frame.

s_racer2003

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
I actually live near KC KS, and I'll be leaving the Moab area tomorrow morning. The part that's broke, I just noticed today, is a separate part from the rest of the swingarm. It's next to impossible to see or get a picture of, but to give you an idea, it's inside the swingarm, right where the lower part of the shock mounts.