Quantcast

Alaska Trip pics

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
My wife and I just got back from a cruise up the southeast coast of Alaska. The cruise part of it was ok (jeez there are a lot of whiny, old people in this world) but it was awesome anytime we could get off the ship.

A glacier in the appropriately named Glacier Bay

Blow and fin of a humpback whale

Sea lions lounging on the beach

A tender boat called the Skookum Yarder (crappy shot through glass at a crappy angle)

Some people standing in front of the root ball from a fallen Sitka Spruce

Sorry, but no shots of woks, microwaves or fire extinguishers.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Alaska is a great place for vacation. I went there a few years back and it was probably my favorite vacation ever. 2 weeks of hiking, camping and freezing.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
firetoole said:
nice pics, I have family in fairbanks and I go up there every other year for some sweet freeriding
i spent a little while in Fairbanks. Chena hot springs was cool and Hot Licks ice cream shop was good too. :cool:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Cooter Brown said:
so that's why you haven't been showing your ass up @ races huh?
Yup. We were on a tight budget before the trip and in Alaska for the Mena race. I will be hitting the rest of them. Guess what we missed during the trip ... a free show by Cross Canadian Ragweed and the Doxies.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Dang yo. Bagging on me for not showing up to a race or two! Have you been yelling at Colin and Laura too?

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
nah, I don't blame ya. I road tripped to alaska 4 summers ago, and would go at the drop of a hat if given that chance again.

they were going to be @ the mena race, but I think La said she had a car wreck and it was in the shop

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
JRogers said:
Alaska is a great place for vacation. I went there a few years back and it was probably my favorite vacation ever. 2 weeks of hiking, camping and freezing.
I also went on a cruise to Alask a few yrs ago was a blast, i'd love to do it again sometime in my lifetime.

Thats 1 cruise i'd recommend to anyone to try