Quantcast

All In, no Out

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When they built the one in Medford it was nuts and still might be. They just built one just outside of Salem and it's nuts from open to close and it's been over a year.

Yes, I enjoy a double double. But I am not willing to camp out for 1. If there are more than 4 cars on the drive thru, I am going elsewhere.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There is one north of here supposed to open today IIRC. There is also one supposed to open just about 3 miles to the south that's really going to fuck up my commute when it does.

In-n-out is gross. Fight me.

Edit:. Apparently the north location opened yesterday. Local sub-reddit reported wait times of 4-7 hours. I can't imagine having a life of such insignificance as to be able to justify that wait, for a burger.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What is the fascination with either In and Out, White Castle or Five Guys?
I've had White Castle (Meh) and Five Guys (ok) but not In and Out. .
I'm sure I&O is "fine", but come on, at the end of the day it is a big bloody chain, not some unique Mom and Pop / Independant.

I know which way I would be more inclined to go.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
having grown up with White Castle I'd go out of my way for sliders again.
In & Out was good, but I don't get teh hype. Good fries too, I guess.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Bob's is excellent. You should also try the burgers at Cast Iron. Huge, fresh, delicious burgers. And good beer selection.
I get the runs just walking into white castle.

Five lies has good fries but I am not spending twenty bucks for lunch.

Matt's bar in Minneapolis, home of the juicy lucy is kind of special.

Lately I just grill my own cause those are the best.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
We made a special point to check out in n out on our trip to legoland a couple years ago. The hoopla is mysterious. The parking lot was a gong show.

some people will line up for anything.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Some of y'all obviously never had to live off a weekly budget to eat.
Those places are primarily 'popular' because it's fucking cheap. Maybe not why you or your friends go there but that's sure why a lot of other people do.

And no it's not helped by the 'hey I have plenty of money but look at me, I'm doing the thing'

The entire reason I ever walked into a cheap ass burger place had little to do with impressions of gourmet cuisine.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Some of y'all obviously never had to live off a weekly budget to eat.
Those places are primarily 'popular' because it's fucking cheap. Maybe not why you or your friends go there but that's sure why a lot of other people do.

And no it's not helped by the 'hey I have plenty of money but look at me, I'm doing the thing'

The entire reason I ever walked into a cheap ass burger place had little to do with impressions of gourmet cuisine.
Come on dude, none of this monocle crowd is saying that.

A double double combo meal is about $7.

A double quarter pounder with cheese meal at McDs is also about $7.

There aren't 12 hour lines of people waiting to get McDonald's.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Come on dude, none of this monocle crowd is saying that.

A double double combo meal is about $7.

A double quarter pounder with cheese meal at McDs is also about $7.

There aren't 12 hour lines of people waiting to get McDonald's.
I don't think I've ever spent more than 5 dolllars at an in n' out. The burgers do have the benefit of tasting like real food, moreso than the sysco army. When I 'discovered' In n' out I I'd had my savings decimated by cobra insurance BS, was in debt because of massive fraud being comitted by citibank at the time, and was eating oatmeal for dinners some days. That's not a coincidence. That place really was like a special thing for the week at the time.

In n out has a unique breed of douche there for novelty of suffering for some reason for sure. Some of the drift away into other realms is why I brought it up. You know where I live. I've just reached my max with 'things that are beneath me' discussions lately.

but I mostly go just for the bible verses on the bottoms of the cups now

so inspirational

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
but I mostly go just for the bible verses on the bottoms of the cups now
Let's not forget the history of Trumpublican support.

Be sure to have a Shit-fil-A if you're watching your red meat consumption.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Man, I should print all that out on flyers and hand them out to every subaru being driven by a patagonia fleece I see in line at that joint :rofl:

*clutches perlz* "WHY I NEVER!!!!!!"

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Man, I should print all that out on flyers and hand them out to every subaru being driven by a patagonia fleece I see in line at that joint :rofl:

*clutches perlz* "WHY I NEVER!!!!!!"
Got a new Patagonia Capeline base layer top and bottom recently. Old top was smelling like fermented onions. And I have my eye on one of their R2 fleece jackets. But Outdoor Research has a soft shell Ferosi jacket for half off. Decisions, decisions...

Oh yeah, also need to sell some pearls this Christmas.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Got a new Patagonia Capeline base layer top and bottom recently. Old top was smelling like fermented onions. And I have my eye on one of their R2 fleece jackets. But Outdoor Research has a soft shell Ferosi jacket for half off. Decisions, decisions...

Oh yeah, also need to sell some pearls this Christmas.
keep supporting that loss of bike trails!

That's like bragging about kicking yourself in the nuts.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Stop eating beef. How many forests get logged for your precious burgers ? It’s like bragging about destroying ones own environment.
I barely eat beef more than you do. And what I do I get monthly pickups from a central valley farm co-op. Even that was 'before times'

I haven't eaten beef at all since about march

try again

Every time I mention patagonia you seem to need to tell me what you've bought from them. I'll never 'brag' about eating red meat. The only reason I ever started back up is because I'm anemic. I would bonk on bike rides pretty regularly until I started eating meat again. I used to be full blown vegan yo.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
have you noticed feeling any better (covid garbage aside)?
I've gotten more used to the almost blacking out by now?

As far as feeling better not eating red meat, no. Check my post above. I didn't eat any meat but occasionally fish for probably 10 years. Then I did the continental divide bike ride and just could not recover day to day. I started horking down steak and immediately it went away because by that time I'd already known I was anemic. Iron supplements do nothing.

So no I usually only seek out beef when I'm run down these days. Which this summer hasn't been much. I live with a pescatarian so that pretty much makes me one. I eat red meat to feel better actually.

I think most people that say they feel better not eating red meat generally eat way too much of it, too often. I was never like that at any point in my life. I think max, I'd probably touch the stuff once or twice a week. And what I eat now is pretty selective source wise. Like angrymetal said, the whole process of cultivation is fucked.

But not all read meat is cow. I have some friends I buy elk off every year about this time. Plus stuff like this

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
bucket conveniently labeled 'bucket'

That guy is so popular with his yak meat you need like 6 month reservations. At the very least, eating meat in that context is inconvenient, kinda how it should be.

I'll never defend killing cute yaks but his program is light years ahead of shitty factory farms at least. He's also a public land use attorney :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have one of these around the corner. Lines are often long but it actually makes sense. The burgers are huge, delicious and relatively cheap. Often a post ride meal.

Seattle also has a popular chain called Dick's. Honestly the only attraction is the price but White Castle is better. I will say I appreciate their labor practices. They offer employees who have been there for 6 months sizeable scholarships and child care while also paying the local $15 minimum wage. It is also fun to tell people to go eat a bag of Dick's.

4100e79fcad6e85b52a0835d4b58ba43--hamburgers-beef.jpg

This town is pretty resistant to chain restaurants of any type and I certainly appreciate primarily having local options.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Yeah, don't they put bible quotes on their drink cups or something too? Edit: I think this was covered above.

Thing about In n Out is supposed to be "fresh, never frozen beef" and potatoes cut on-site, so that tends to be the draw. I've always thought it was quality, appropriate for the price, nothing too special, but generally a lot better than a sloppy big-chain fast food restaurant, which is usually covered in grease, etc.