Quantcast

All Look Same (another online test)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this is a bit of an old site but i haven't seen a post about it on ridemonkey so here goes:

http://www.alllooksame.com/

test your ability to tell japanese, chinese, korean people apart. it's quite difficult. luckily, failing this test has less undesireable consequences than failing the shemale test :eek:

i just got a 5/18, which is funny since i scored a 13? two years ago when this site first made the rounds. :D i'm getting dumber.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the tricky part about that site is that really typical looking asian people aren't in there. old people, kids with funny hair and americanized asians are tough to tell apart!

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I always fail miserably, and the response that I get is always 'you obviously don't know the difference'.............................

which is always perplexing, because I am pretty sure that if my face was entered, nobody would vote on me being a German-Scottish-Irish-Polish-French individual....and you know what? I wouldn't be offended. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
loco-gringo said:
Uhm - is this really different than saying Jap to one of them??? :confused:
this test is designed to show the typical (7/18) test taker how little they actually know about asia. buying a sony wega doesn't give you familiarity with asian people...

J

JRB

Toshi said:
this test is designed to show the typical (7/18) test taker how little they actually know about asia. buying a sony wega doesn't give you familiarity with asian people...

I didn't really look at the site until later. I did, however, make one of my usual "jump the gun" posts. I sucked at it. I only got 5. I also can't say that I know any Japanese people. I know a couple of Korean folks, but most Asian people in Temple are Chinese. Sorry to be bitchy. I blame it on my nature. :stupid:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm.. I find this test to be a little unfair/misleading, as simply not being able to determine which Asian country they come from is a lot different from thinking they all look the same...

Anyway, I scored a 10. Thought I'd do better than that!

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I got 4. But in real life I would do a lot better because I would just guess Chinese and the odds of me getting it right would be better than 50% because they are so numerous.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
My korean friend scored worse than I did. I think I got 6 or 7 and he got 5. The test isn't very valid with the americanized asians as the questions...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Toshi said:
How about having visited Singapore, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Japan? Does that count? Or do I have to buy the Sony too? :D

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Echo said:
How about having visited Singapore, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, and Japan? Does that count? Or do I have to buy the Sony too? :D
I got 5...and I lived in Asia for 5 years, and have visited 7 Asian countries, including all of those in the test. That test has people with weird hair and stuff, I thought I would do better.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
T-Pirate said:
I got 5...and I lived in Asia for 5 years, and have visited 7 Asian countries, including all of those in the test. That test has people with weird hair and stuff, I thought I would do better.

Whoa.......You lived in Asia? You just blew my mind..........

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
chicodude01 said:
Whoa.......You lived in Asia? You just blew my mind..........
if it was on an army base that might explain it, as you wouldn't necessarily see many "native looking" natives. (you're right about the hair and americanized style of dress throwing things off tho.)

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Toshi said:
if it was on an army base that might explain it, as you wouldn't necessarily see many "native looking" natives. (you're right about the hair and americanized style of dress throwing things off tho.)
im pretty sure TP aint old enough to enlist though :o:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ViolentVolante said:
im pretty sure TP aint old enough to enlist though :o:
don't be dense for no reason. military family. sheesh. :nuts:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
hahaha, yeah i love those "i-got-first-hand-foreign-experience" by living overseas in a military base, or being in a diplomatic family.

yeah, like a cuban getting "foreign-experience" by moving from La Havana-Cuba to Miami-Florida.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Toshi said:
Downtown tokyo actually, 4.5 years. I also lived in Bankok for 6 months but it was in a very very "americanized" area. I think I was just too young to reallly remember.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i got 8.... i thought i did well considering.... sometimes i have a hard time discerning a few Mexicans and South Americans from Native Americans. My uncle was at a gas station one time and a Mexican sat around and blabbed spanish with him for a minute while my uncle sat, smiled and nodded. They both started laughing when the Mexican figured out he didn't know what the hell he was talking about. It works all different kind of ways sometimes. :D