Quantcast

All time best metal records?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
The new Bolt Thrower album rips as much as any other Bolt Thrower album ever did.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
H8R said:
Has Celtic Frost's "To Mega Therion" been mentioned here yet.
wicked album. i've got that on vinyl (with double foldout hr giger artwork). i used to think it was sooo evil.

dunno if voivod has been mentioned, yet; "killing technology" is a classic album for me.

strapping youg lad's "city" is definately up there.

some bm: darkthrone - "a blaze in the northern sky", "transilvanian hunger"; emperor - "anthems to the whelkin at dusk",

grind: napalm death. nasum (dunno which albums right now).

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
The new Bolt Thrower album rips as much as any other Bolt Thrower album ever did.
Thread resurrection Thursday!!! :)

Listening to Those Once Loyal at the moment. It is such a great album!

Very unfortunate that they are done for good. I bet the current (ugliness of the) War in Ukraine would be a great source of inspiration for a new Bolt Thrower album. I can easily imagine great song titles: "Bayraktar destruction", "Javelin offering", "Howitzer Retaliation", "Mariupol siege", etc...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Iced Earth - Iced Earth (it just gets worse after this album, but this is a raw masterpiece like Kill 'em All)

Demons and Wizards - Demons and Wizards (again, masterpiece, way more finished than early Iced Earth and way more hard-edged than Blind Guardian, same as before, just gets worse with the other two albums)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I don’t know if it’d rank in Top Metal Albums of All Time, but I’m listening to Mr. Bungle’s “The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny Demo” and it’s gotta be one of the best of 2020. It’s a re-recording of a self-released demo from the mid-80s and it’s totally taking me right back to 1987. In addition to the original members of Mr. Bungle, it also features Dave Lombardo and Scott Ian… and it sounds like it. Harkens back to pure “thrash metal” obviously because these songs were written in that era. So good.

Yeah yeah, x-post from today’s GMT. Bite me.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yup.The Antarctica VHS was a prized possession. I didn’t follow them much after America, but I did see them a while ago, after Dave passed.
going down the youtube wormhole....

he was a guest on redeye 4-5 times...