Quantcast

Alright, I'm confused

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
So I have been reading up on what evil bikes is doing, just that there getting a new downhill bike, and the rest I'm just confused on. So where are they located? what bikes will be produced? where are the bikes made? and so on and so on. Can someone give me a quick summary on what Evil is doing. Because I'm confused.

Thanks,

Austin

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
The last I've heard is at least the Revolt will be available around April '09 and there is supposed to be a line of *edited*. The company is based in Seattle but I get the feeling that the employees are somewhat spread out around the northwest and maybe the country. I know that the owner has been spending a lot of time riding in Vancouver and Washington but he's also been really busy with his new role.

I'm looking forward to seeing more out of Evil soon.

Last edited:

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
so are the bikes made in seattle? and where in the world is all the funding coming from?. 6 bikes is a alot of bikes to come out with at one time.

proglife

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Annapolis, MD
When did Evil stop making bikes? I fell out of reading this forum around the time the Sovereign was coming out. Was it an official "we're stopping now"?

3 hardtails and 3 full suspension frames, that will be available all about that time.
I thought the Sovereign frame looked perfect. I hope one of those 3 hardtails is a steel trail bike.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I don't know for sure where the bikes are being built but I don't think it is in Seattle. The last time I talked to Kevin about it he was going to look at his options but that was last spring/late winter and a lot has changed since then. *edited*

Last edited:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Some quick info and back to work for me...

Evil = Kevin, Gabe, & I at the core right now, plus a couple contracted people working on particular facets of engineering, production co-ordination, etc.

Evil is based in Seattle. Gabe lives in N Van. I live in the NYC burbs.

Production at this time is being split between US and Taiwan. I'll be in Taiwan again next week in fact.

Expected product launches for 09 year include the Revolt (203mm DH), Division (160mm All Mtn), Sect (140mm trail) as well as a Sovereign w/ some geom tweaks and more sizes, an alloy all mtn hardtail, a new jump bike named Faction, and a city/urban 700c bike.

We're not rushing anything to market or the public eye. When things are ready they'll be released. What is on the site now is to whet the palate a bit. Sorry if that sounds like I'm teasing...maybe it is ;) ...but we're not doing this the status-quo. It's somewhat bike industry 2.0 if you will.

-ska todd

proglife

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Annapolis, MD
here's a question I've wanted to know the answer to, but never bothered to look up:

What's the difference between single barrel and single malt?

I suppose google could tell me and I assume I'll find out before someone replies to my on-topic question.