Quantcast

Alright, talking burritos is so last month,...

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
...it's now time to talk hamburgers / cheeseburgers (or any variety thereof).

My feeling is that Jack n' Grill (26th and Federal) has the best damn burger in the metropolitan area. Before anyone tries to talk any smack, get yer butts down there and look into the "Dez" burger - a whopping pound (that's right I said it, a POUND) of beef lodged between a chewy bun that has been slightly grilled. Also slabbed in there - green chiles, cheese (thought not so much as to overwhelm the taste of the beef), lettuce, ketchup, etc. As an added bonus, the good folks at Jack n' Grill have now decided to include onion rings or fries with every burger related order, all for a very fair price ($7 in this case). MMMMMMMMMMMM, BITCH!!!!!!!!! It'll get you full!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Jack n' Grill is also the home to some award winning New Mexican cuisine.

Now, I know there will be obvious deviations from the point of this thread, e.g. - quality of fries, onion rings, milkshakes, etc, but try to stay on task here. Who serves your favorite BURGER? For the record, I'm with the Lazian on this one. If all things are to be considered, it is hard to beat a post-dj throwdown with your Arbor homies at Jim's Burger Haven. A quality malted tastes so good after a summer afternoon at the dirt hills.

Commence debate now......

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i concur

despite your whack burrito preference, ballr (if that is your REAL name), i believe the burger's from jack n grill can't be beat. i don't like that weird crap, like vegetables, on my meat, so their cheeseburger is heaven. i'm drooling now.

all haters can put down their keyboard now.

i liked the samuel jackson beer reference, LOL.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
I've only been there once but In n' Out is really good. Goodtimes is prety good as well. Need to try jack n' grill place as well, sounds good.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
There is a place up here (Bailey) called Crossroads, It has great burgers. There is also another place over here called The Cutthroat Cafe that has a burger called The Lunker, Its a pound of meat and comes with chile and everything else. It's great but is about $10 with the chile. Its a lot of money (expecially since i'm only 14) but is a great burger.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
I bet no one has been there but the clear winner is Bud's Bar in Sedalia. Just south of Highlands Ranch on Santa Fe, these burgers are the best, hands down. The place is a tiny, smoke and redneck filled bar and they refuse to serve French fries (ask for them if you go). I used to live right by there and I would always run into a bunch of Broncos and Avalanche players who would come down just to grab a burger. If you've never been, you should try to make the trip.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I just remembered. 3 Brothers Bar. It's right by the REI Flag Ship store. Its one of the best places for burgers. Defidently go there, it is a must.

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
In the boulder area i'm going to have to agree with michael. Thunderbird burger makes one hell of a burger. Like michael i enjoy the Kahuna Burger, pinapple goes good with anything if you do it right! Also has anyone been to Crazy bills or buckin bills or something like that up in Leadville, small joint that gives you a burger i almost couldn't eat, 4 quarter pound padies with all the fixins and if your me, chile. Its more of a challenge really with fries and malts. Check it out the next time going to buena vista!

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
The old timer burger at "The Attic" here in Boulder is virtually impossible to beat! Go Mondays, $5 burgers. Old Timer is 1/2 lbs slab with cheese and fried egg. :thumb:

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my brothers bar in downtown is money, and **** yea i forgot about buds i ate their everytime we went up to my dad's buddy heckendorf's ranch in south park (he was the dude they based uncle jimbo off of in south park)

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
BRIANBUELL said:
Give me directions!!!

From the hill.......

Head north on Broadway
turn left on canyon
turn right on 9th
turn right on walnut
its on the left, little tiny place upstairs next to the chop house.

949 Walnut St
303-415-1300

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
has any one been to the secret stash in crested butte? i dont think i have seen a more hippie place in my life. they do have good food though.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I think that's a pizza place.....if so, we went there last year, and they had great food. Bring your parents though.....kinda pricey ;)