Quantcast

Alta Red Shift on Lane Splitter

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I still really want one, but that entrance price hurts. Top comment points this out already, but a fella could buy a couple of used gas bikes, in decent/good shape, for the same price. Or even a couple brand spanking new bikes depending on manufacturer. They have to find a way to get that price down.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I still really want one, but that entrance price hurts. Top comment points this out already, but a fella could buy a couple of used gas bikes, in decent/good shape, for the same price. Or even a couple brand spanking new bikes depending on manufacturer. They have to find a way to get that price down.
And the longevity of the battery life up. Four hours isn't that much and even though you can do a replacement battery, given it take 2 people, that's task.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

The reality is the bike is stacked, dentist level awesomeness. I would have preferred Ohlins, but they stand by the WP setup. The price is steep, but it isn't far off from other boutique bikes. Hell, the Cannondale was $16k (and that bike was just insane, so worth it if you had the dough).

When I finally got to see the flat tracker in person, it was amazing. I am trying really hard to justify it, even trying to work a sponsor through my company. :rofl:

If you put Yamaha suspension, wheels and brakes you could knock $3k off the price.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And the longevity of the battery life up. Four hours isn't that much and even though you can do a replacement battery, given it take 2 people, that's task.
The battery is 8 bolts. It's pretty damn easy to swap out, but the cost of a second battery adds a couple grand to the already steep MSRP.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I openly admit I have an unnatural lust for this bike. When I saw my first Zero bike at Laguna Seca back in '09, the idea of an electric dirt moto was so bad ass and yet that bike was such garbage. Epic fail on the execution of a great idea. But this damn thing is just so right. And it looks incredible where the Zero was a gas bike with a big ass battery.

You have 4 different throttle maps switchable on the fly from the bars. You can have one for launch, one for steeps, one for rocks, and one for top end, whatever. The torque is 100% all the time and you can dial and switch the delivery in motion. So well thought out, its just bad ass.