Quantcast

am i screwed?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
so a little while ago i was reaching for my headphones and at the same time i happened to take out my open bottle of gatorade(no idea why it was open, i feel like a dumbass), causing it to spill slightly on my laptop and the surrounding desk. i then frantically shut it off and proceeded to take off the keys in that area to wipe it all down. now most of the liquid seemed to spill on my desk and on the spot just to the left of the touchpad where it doesn't seem like there are too many spots where liquid can get in, a little splashed on the keys and some got on the display as well. as of now there is no burning smell and all of the keys seem to be working fine, so does this mean i at least didn't ruin my computer completely?

i should've stayed in bed...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you might have to pop some keys off & gently wipe down the exposed surface with a moist cloth. other than that, laptops aren't as fragile as you'd think.

-Devil-

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
West Monroe, LA
last time i doused a laptop with a drink it was sweet tea .. i just turned it off .. pulled it apart, cleaned it up with rubbing alch ... then let it air dry for a few days and put it back together and it is still working to this day.