Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Come on now. Think of what you just said. Imagine if she was your sister or daughter. I am not the voice of reason here. Somebody else needs to chime in and correct this douche....
I thought the same thing. I really questioned whether or not I thought BighitR was still the dumbest one posting in this thread. :think:

...and I really mean it when I say that I am one of my most offensive friends.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm guessing her family is relieved
You were a bit blunt but I'm going to stick up for you here. Her family will likely never get over this but the relief from a life of constant worry over where she is, what she's doing, when are we going to get that knock on the door is quite likely part of the emotions they're feeling. Families of missing or terminally ill people often feel similar emotions.
As usual JBP put it perfectly.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder if Hendricks, Joplin, Keith Moon and all the other musicians who essentially killed themselves would have been reviled if they had TMZ and other douche media outlets jamming their low points down the public throat.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Joplin and Hendricks had some hits but they also produced a lot of ****. Moon was a drummer, nuff said.
The thing is though....the only reason to lump them all together into one pile was that they met untimely deaths at the age of 27.

Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin......as far as I'm concerned are incredibly over-rated.

Hendrix however....his virtuosic abilities cannot be denied. Whether you like his music or not, he was able to do incredible things with a guitar. (and I don't just mean his version of the Star Spangled Banner). The fact that he would play rhythm AND lead at the same time was pretty amazing.

"Gifted song-writers" like Cobain, Morrison....they are kind of a dime a dozen. I'd argue that Dave Groehl is more talented than Cobain. What EXACTLY did any of them do that was so great....besides die young? They didn't REALLY play instruments. They didn't have FANTASTIC voices....they just managed to catch a wave of popularity (which I guess can be a talent in and of itself).

But Hendrix, had an undeniable ability......so for my money, that elevates him beyond all the others.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago

Yo Bubba J, so you're saying here to all gay riders on RM you have a problem with gays and lesbians? You find gay and lesbians beneath you in some way? Love how you went right to insinuating I'm gay like it's an insult or something so low in life.:panic: Are you racist too?

LOL Never watched Glee but strange that you mentioned it though. :hmm: LOL

Never heard of Dione Warwick. Only Dione I know was in the NFL. Going to google to look him up though so I can be enlightened. BRB.

Never heard Winehouse. I listen to rock and date girls that do the same. You should try it sometime. Thats where people pick up these things called instruments... and they know how to play them well enough to actually perform music. :rockout:
Are you F'n kidding me?.....this is the ridemonkey lounge......don't tell me you can't take a little ribbing.

I'm going to have to say that response boarders on 'butthurt'.

J

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The thing is though....the only reason to lump them all together into one pile was that they met untimely deaths at the age of 27.

Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin......as far as I'm concerned are incredibly over-rated.

Hendrix however....his virtuosic abilities cannot be denied. Whether you like his music or not, he was able to do incredible things with a guitar. (and I don't just mean his version of the Star Spangled Banner). The fact that he would play rhythm AND lead at the same time was pretty amazing.

"Gifted song-writers" like Cobain, Morrison....they are kind of a dime a dozen. I'd argue that Dave Groehl is more talented than Cobain. What EXACTLY did any of them do that was so great....besides die young? They didn't REALLY play instruments. They didn't have FANTASTIC voices....they just managed to catch a wave of popularity (which I guess can be a talent in and of itself).

But Hendrix, had an undeniable ability......so for my money, that elevates him beyond all the others.
You're just afraid to be racist.....don't BS us.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Well, anyway, I liked AW's music. I really like the the song, "I'm No Good," RIP. It's a shame we lost her talent.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
You were a bit blunt but I'm going to stick up for you here. Her family will likely never get over this but the relief from a life of constant worry over where she is, what she's doing, when are we going to get that knock on the door is quite likely part of the emotions they're feeling. Families of missing or terminally ill people often feel similar emotions.
As usual JBP put it perfectly.
BOY, that post is heavily seasoned in ass kiss! :eek:

OMGROFLMAO!!! REP ADDED!!! :thumb:

I do not celebrate her death, but she chose her path and followed it to its end.
YOU SAID IT JOHN!!! MUCH AGREED BUD!! Wonder if she did a tail whip going off the last drop! :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.