Quantcast

And some douche bags become cops in Portland.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Portland police officer arraigned on charges of harassment, official misconduct

What a jackass.

PORTLAND, Ore. – Investigators believe a Portland policeman made sexually explicit phone calls on his bureau cell phone to female officers, a teen involved in a rape case, a woman in a domestic violence case and to a 14-year-old girl.
The 14 year old girl is his sister-in-law.

And Portland's thin blue line:
“Everyone I talked to at North Precinct remembers the man in the police car next to him going on calls for service and find it difficult that these allegations can be true, “ Scott Westerman, spokesman with the Portland Police Association said.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Conspiracy.

These women, who some of them don't know each other, obviously got together to teach this cop a lesson.

There was a movie about it:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you are going to make calls, you do it from a pay as you go phone, NOT the phone the police give you for work.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
And some people still don't believe in natural selection...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife thinks he will be a suicide case.

The worst part is Portland now wants to do polygraph tests for all applicants. They are having the worst recruiting numbers ever right now and the chief wants to make it harder? Interesting concept.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My wife thinks he will be a suicide case.

The worst part is Portland now wants to do polygraph tests for all applicants. They are having the worst recruiting numbers ever right now and the chief wants to make it harder? Interesting concept.
They don't do that beforehand?

I thought the Portland PD tried to be selective, although I don't know how this numnuts slipped thru.

Having high standards for LEO is a good thing. Just ask Manimal.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They don't do that beforehand?

I thought the Portland PD tried to be selective, although I don't know how this numnuts slipped thru.

Having high standards for LEO is a good thing. Just ask Manimal.
I agree, but a poly? I just don't see how a polygraph test will prove anything. My wife's theory is he was a douche before, but not to that extent. 4 years on the job and the true him came out or something.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
****, even the Fire Departments in Ohio do a polygraph though it's mostly to weed out the gays...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I worked for a federal agency that doesn't polygraph as part of the employment process. (And I was TS/SCI cleared...) A guy from another agency during basic training was a bit freaked out by a bunch of us in the locker room. He wanted to know how we'd passed our polys. When informed that we had none, his reaction was "no wonder you're all the ****ing same!"

Of course, that guy was kicked out of his agency for misconduct within the first year, while none of us were fired.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
****, even the Fire Departments in Ohio do a polygraph though it's mostly to weed out the gays...
Do the failures get steered on to careers as cops, construction workers, Hell's Angels, Indian chiefs, and Navy officers?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i was poly'd as part of the pre-employment deal here. as a matter of fact, we hired an officer a few years ago that is former cia polygrapher-ist?? (i have no idea what they are called professionally). he worked the street for 2 years and was immediately placed in with the investigators so he could perform his trade on suspects and applicants alike. he recently was reassigned to professional standards where he'll be doing polygraphs on officers accused of misconduct. (don't ask me why he left the cia for city law enforcement...i have no idea)

i recall my polygraph as a nerve-racking experience and i don't ever want to go through that again. the questions were weird and all i remember was the final one. "is there anything illegal you have done that you have not told us about?"
how the hell do you answer that?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"probably"

I'd go on for hours about my jaywalking, failure to come to complete stops, the dreams I have where I'm talking to bin laden.......
:stupid:

I mean really, I would feel like the guy in Transformers. "OK, so maybe I downloaded a few 1000 songs of the Internet, but who hasn't!"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
"probably"

I'd go on for hours about my jaywalking, failure to come to complete stops, the dreams I have where I'm talking to bin laden.......
my first thought was, "i don't recall knowing of a law that specifically prohibits tying a rope across a 1-way street at grille level at 11pm in an elderly/golf community" ;)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
"Gatekeeper" is a recent non-fiction book by a former CIA polygrapher, if anyone's interested in that sort of thing.