Quantcast

...and They Call Seattle a Rainy City... pffft!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:rolleyes:

June Rain Totals:
Seattle, WA: 0.81 inches
Shreveport, LA: 12.42 inches

Days of Rain in June:
Seattle, WA: 9
Shreveport, LA: 20

:(

Local MTB'ers are working on a bike with pontoons in order to get some riding in...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seatle is only wet when compared to the quitr arrid surrounding areas. They recieve less precip than the national average.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wow that is outrageous. I thought it was rainy here?? We only had 2.5" last month. The only thing more outrageous is your use of "pffft". I am voting for a ban on ridemonkey of the use of "pffft" as it is super g.h.e.y......jdcamb

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Seattle has a tendency to drizzle and be overcast ....a lot. :)

I remember one winter when we had over 90 days with no sunshine (Thick cloud cover) The sun never shined. That was annoying.....you go to work in teh dark...go to lunch in the dark.....and then head home in teh dark for over 3 months.

Summer are normally pretty nice. We have clumps of drizzly weather. This June (err this is july) we are well below our average.

The east coast has been hit by some nasty weather from what I hear.....so yeah you guys are beating us with the rain....but you don't hear me complaining. ;)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
RhinofromWA said:
I remember one winter when we had over 90 days with no sunshine (Thick cloud cover) The sun never shined. That was annoying.....you go to work in teh dark...go to lunch in the dark.....and then head home in teh dark for over 3 months.
I believe it was my first winter here. I almost killed myself.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:
I believe it was my first winter here. I almost killed myself.
I am thinking 1999? Maybe 2000?

It got to me...what good is having a window cubicle when all you see is darkness. Headlights at noon sucks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
RhinofromWA said:
I am thinking 1999? Maybe 2000?

It got to me...what good is having a window cubicle when all you see is darkness. Headlights at noon sucks.
1999 'cuz i remember it too. learning to drive in seattle (well, tacoma -- just about as seattle as lynnwood is :oink: heh) means that i always drive with the headlights on...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Toshi said:
1999 'cuz i remember it too. learning to drive in seattle (well, tacoma -- just about as seattle as lynnwood is :oink: heh) means that i always drive with the headlights on...
Yep. 1999. OMFG.... I arrived in Spring of '98. The summer had been awesome. I figured "I could get used to this"....then winter came

(And I drive with my lights on all the time anyway. That's what they teach you in Canada)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:
Yep. 1999. OMFG.... I arrived in Spring of '98. The summer had been awesome. I figured "I could get used to this"....then winter came

(And I drive with my lights on all the time anyway. That's what they teach you in Canada)
I drive with my headlights on too.....but so others can see me not so I can see the road at lunch time. :D Using them and needing them are different.

We are having a pretty sweet summer now though.....:D Take that TX and LA Heck the whole east coast got soaked didn't they? :eviltongu :D

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
llkoolkeg said:
Haa-HAA!

Good luck. As long as the hills are alive with the phunk of indica, you will never rid yourself of displaced Californians.
We have no indica, please do not come looking for it. You will be washed aay by the constant down pours.

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
people are just jealous of california

Avg Temps Rain Total
Jan 61/42 1.03
Feb 60/43 5.93
Mar 71/50 0.52
Apr 69/44 0
May 71/46 0
Jun 72/51 0

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
special O said:
people are just jealous of california

Avg Temps Rain Total
Jan 61/42 1.03
Feb 60/43 5.93
Mar 71/50 0.52
Apr 69/44 0
May 71/46 0
Jun 72/51 0
..and we all know that no rain in Apr, May and June means:

Jul 79/451 With wide spread brush fires

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
N8 said:
:rolleyes:

June Rain Totals:

Days of Rain in June:

:(

Local MTB'ers are working on a bike with pontoons in order to get some riding in...

June Rain Totals:
Austin, TX: 13.27 inches

Days of Rain in June:
Austin, TX: 17

its supposted to be hot and dry here :think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
But psilocybe cubensis grows wild.
Yes as a wandering child i had loved my adventures searching for such prized treasures in many a person's front yard, at my peril. Once or twice a homeowner would peek out their abode asking angrily yet often inquisitively what us teenagers were doing in the middle of the night on our hands and knee's, with a shopping sack and flashlight. Most of the time they didn't buy our nightworm for fishing story as we beat a hasty retreat to the next housing development where the sod was fresh and fertile. Such was the price for a good pot of tea. ahhh memories.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
YOU WILL bE WASHED AWAY BY OUR TERRIBLE WEATHER, ESPECIALLY IF YOU COME FROM VAN NUYS, HOLLYWOOD, OR ANY SNOBBY AREA. WEATHER iS WORST oN VAHSON

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
seattle rules, its been so nice here for the last while. o man. the 3 months that it wasnt sunny was soooo depressing. i rode my bike to school and it sucked.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Yea,
The east coast has been shat upon by the phylosophical mother of nature. Nothing new, though. Spring in Kentucky simply means rain for two weeks straight, one sunny day, then another two weeks of rain. 400+ tornados, too. :dead: :mumble: