Quantcast

Angleset question

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Do any companies make an adjustable headset that works with straight 1.5 steerer forks? I did some looking around, but maybe I am missing it. Although this combo probably doesn't work due to lack of space to change the angle. What are all the options for adjustable angle headsets, am I missing any? Is Works still the best option out there?
Cane Creek
Works Components
Nukeproof
Syncros
VP Components

I still have a Turner Highline, and riding it last week on more natural and steep terrain it just isn't slack enough compared to my Banshee Legend. But it is more fun on jumpy trails, so I was thinking of an easy way to make it into a better all around park bike vs. just selling both bikes and getting something new.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't know of any for a 1.5 steerer. You could buy another crown steerer assembly to get it to work.

I'd just buy some offset shock reducer bushings though. That BB on that bike could stand to come down a bit too. I don't think there's anything weird about that leverage curve on that bike would cause any weirdness.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I doubt anybody makes a 1.5 angled headset, but a nice -2* or more headset and either a double crown fork or a tapered setup would make for a nice and slack setup.

I ran an angleset for several years. The original one clicked quite a bit. I had to buy new cups and there appeared to be some changes made (including a notch and a slightly thicker cup) that silenced any clicks or clacks. My ghetto setup was dead solid for a year and on three different bikes.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd just buy some offset shock reducer bushings though. That BB on that bike could stand to come down a bit too. I don't think there's anything weird about that leverage curve on that bike would cause any weirdness.
Yeah that is the other option, I will look into it. Is there a go-to vendor for these, not many options coming up in a search and most in EU. I suppose I could just make them myself if needed. I also thought about doing a drill mod like the older DHR, but I don't know if the Highline has space for that.

I doubt anybody makes a 1.5 angled headset, but a nice -2* or more headset and either a double crown fork or a tapered setup would make for a nice and slack setup.
It looks like that is the case, but I wanted to do this as cheap as possible so buying a new fork is out for now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
There's a guy on ebay that'll do them custom to your frame and shock for about $20 a side, I think. It may have been cheaper. Mine were done very well.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
look for a company/user named proshox on ebay.

I had mine in about a week and a half.

I don't think there's enough room to drill on a highline. I used to own one and remember looking at it. Could be wrong.

Offset reducers are cheap and easy.

Last edited: