Quantcast

Angrymetalsmith

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Can't eat the goat jd, but that's a purty looking empanada ya got there.

Thanks for the well wishes ya'll. Been a shity non-starter day here in AngryLand. Feeling beat down from all the stuff I've been having to deal with lately. It rained last night and today, so no b-day ride for me. However I knew it was going to be crappy so I got quality ride in (in the mountains) on wednesday.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thanks ya'll.

Closed up early, not even sure why I went to work in the first place. Went to Thuper Awethum, met the new enthusiastic Ranger and talked shop for bit. He was trying to find a tree down somewhere but didn't have any success. After I rode a lap, went back to the car and grabbed the Katanaboy and a light. Didn't take long to cut the 6" oak, but trying to ride with the saw slung over my back was nearly impossible. I usually carry it in my Pisgah pack, which swallows tons of gear.

No Thai, just tacos mexicanos, pollo asado, arroz y frijoles.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
we celebrate until he tastes teh pisgah gnurrrrr
The celebration is complete.

Rode Butter Gap, Cat Gap, Davidson River, Cove Creek, Daniel Ridge (creek side), a dusty dirt road, connecter roads that reverted back to singletrack, and a secret locals only trail.

The leaves are just now turning, everything is green and gold. Walked a couple sketchy spots on Daniel, ones that Neko Mullay flies through. Saw several other riders over the course of four hours, as many girls on bikes as guys. Even ran into a guy I rode with earlier this year.

Decided I was going to take pics of the bear poop that I see every time I ride one of the connector trails. This time no poop, but no bear smell either.

It was a good day in Pisgah proper. A few days late, but at least I got there.