Quantcast

Annoying features of otherwise great phones

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have a sony ericsson w810i Walkman phone. Quad band, mp3 player, fm radio, 2.1mp digital camera etc. Sound quality is excellent, best phone i have ever used. It is small, has a nice form factor, works amazing as a camera etc.

However, they hard limit the sms memory storane to 200 messages. The phone has like 256mb on board and a 2gb memory stick pro in it. WTF?

Seriously the most annoying thing ever as when I am overseas i can send/receive about 35 messages a day. Every 2 days r so I get the "your phone memory for sms message is full. Do you wish to delete messages now?" After that it can take upwards of 2 hours (or never) to receive the incoming message. ARGH

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Have you contacted Sony to see if they have a fix?

I'd probably just try to start deleting the messages as they come. Seems ridiculous, though.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Have you contacted Sony to see if they have a fix?

I'd probably just try to start deleting the messages as they come. Seems ridiculous, though.
Oh it doesn't need a fix, it's a "Feature"!

Also, a lot of the time I use my messages to store phone numbers, email address, hotel directions/addresses, flight info it. It is super easy to text it to myself from my computer before I leave or to have a friend text me their hotel address or room number.

Either way, it's annoying as hell that it gives me enough room to stor 200x160 characters, and that's it. Pants on head retarded even.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm a bit of a luddite with regards to my mobile phone. I like a phone to make and receive calls, I really don't need or use all the extra features they're packed with these days. K.I.S.S.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm a bit of a luddite with regards to my mobile phone. I like a phone to make and receive calls, I really don't need or use all the extra features they're packed with these days. K.I.S.S.
Due to travelling so much, my phone is my lifeline. I use it for everything, including a flashlight at night in unfamiliar hotel rooms.

I need a new one, so any suggestions are welcome. Must have the following:

-quad band
-bluetooth
-high quality camera
-Text and email
-mp3/fm radio preferred but not necessary. If it does, must be a standard headphone jack.
-flashlight is super handy

-multi timezone/schedualable alarm clock