Quantcast

anonymous IP

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2657723&postcount=371

i did this to watch worlds and after that someone was sucking my bandwidth. i am trying to get back to normal. cable guy came out and
changed my IP, i hope with a new modem.

this morning i open firefox to google germany. am i getting hacked again?

i cleared all allowed apps in my sygate and windows firewalls.

now what? what can i do to KNOW i am gettign full speed and
no one is leaching off my.

cable modem-router-3 pc's

thanks alex

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sucking your bandwidth? That's not nearly specific enough. Do you have an open wireless connection? Have you done virus/malware scans for trojans? Nobody can just suck your bandwidth because you logged into a proxy server, you need to have either an open wireless connection or a trojan on your computer. How do you even know that someone was using your bandwidth and you weren't just getting a limited connection?

Is your normal home page for Firefox set to Google? Might just have been a server hiccup. Did you set your browser back to NOT use the proxy any more? If you haven't set it back and the proxy IP you used was in Germany, Google might have ID'd your address as being German and fed you the Google Germany page.

drakan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2007
Virginia, USA
Um, you're connecting to unecrypted, public proxies and expecting full bandwidth?
Lol?
Stop using Anonymous IP, and you will get your full bandwidth back...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Sucking your bandwidth? That's not nearly specific enough. Do you have an open wireless connection? Have you done virus/malware scans for trojans? Nobody can just suck your bandwidth because you logged into a proxy server, you need to have either an open wireless connection or a trojan on your computer. How do you even know that someone was using your bandwidth and you weren't just getting a limited connection?

Is your normal home page for Firefox set to Google? Might just have been a server hiccup. Did you set your browser back to NOT use the proxy any more? If you haven't set it back and the proxy IP you used was in Germany, Google might have ID'd your address as being German and fed you the Google Germany page.
ok, that helps. some, in IE my home page is set to google.com yet
it goes to google.de?

i use firefox it goes to google.com

IE uses detect lan setting not proxy. so?

it is just weird. i didn't really know what i was getting into doing
the Anonymous IP? i was just wandering is someone has my IP
am, or can i be sharing it with them w/o me knowing?

don't know really how it works, that is why i am asking.
i am not using it anymore, but am afraid someone has my IP
and is using it? don't know.

alex

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nobody can share your internet connection just because you were using a proxy server. That'd be like me sharing your connection just because we're both logged onto Ridemonkey.

Just make sure you undid whatever you did to use the proxy server in the first place - probably Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab, click LAN Settings and make sure "Use a Proxy" is unchecked.

Go here and run a speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Nobody can share your internet connection just because you were using a proxy server. That'd be like me sharing your connection just because we're both logged onto Ridemonkey.

Just make sure you undid whatever you did to use the proxy server in the first place - probably Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab, click LAN Settings and make sure "Use a Proxy" is unchecked.

Go here and run a speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/

seems OK, i juess i'm paraniod!, yes i'm paraniod!