Quantcast

Another AVA Advantage Product

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If this works out I may stay with my 07 888. They are heavy but take a beating like no other. If only I could get them a tad lower.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I was wondering that too, since the 40's really don't have a seal...

With the bottoming cones, it will probably rely on a somewhat lower oil height. Still going to be pressure in there though.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wow avaliable for Kowa, wonder if he could machine up some longer bushes for them too?
I wonder if you can still run an assist spring or it will be air only for the 200si.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've heard it for a while. I'll believe it when I see it.

Otherwise, a fork that could perform like my Avy rear shock would be great.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Cannot believe it took this long...maybe sales of the in-house forks are drying up? I too would love a 40 with an avy kit in it. Although the weight of a boxxer air with avy damping might be a thing of beauty.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm guessing this is a joke that I called it a boxxer air instead of a WC? I don't really get it, sorry.
History my friend. It was a play on the u-turn, and was the result of catastrophic failure. A few of these popped up, most notably at Rotura worlds a few years back:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
History my friend. It was a play on the u-turn, and was the result of catastrophic failure. A few of these popped up, most notably at Rotura worlds a few years back:

Those are sweet. The axle to crown looks quite a bit shorter. Another great way to reduce handle bar height. What will they think of next?

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
i would very, very, very much like a cart upgrade for my '10 race, as upgrading it to a team costs £500, which is obscene, and im hoping this will be alot cheaper

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Them Kowas there will have the new bushes which means they might actually work unlike previous forks. The new bush setup should(hopefully) fix the only problem that Kowa forks had which was mass amounts of stiction.

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
The final details of the production version cart are still being worked out so its a little to early to quote a retail price. But I do believe that Craig is shooting for a $3-400 window for the cart upgrade. I'll be talking to Craig today, I will see if I can get him to shed more light.

As for the fork, we are aggressively trying to meet or beat the $1400 retail price point. As I mentioned above, the final pricing on the cart is undetermined so this will obviously effect the final price, but I do not expect to be too far off that goal.

dropthebreak

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
If this works out I may stay with my 07 888. They are heavy but take a beating like no other. If only I could get them a tad lower.
im in the same boat. just cant part with my 07 wc 888. would love to see a avy kit in that fork

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The final details of the production version cart are still being worked out so its a little to early to quote a retail price. But I do believe that Craig is shooting for a $3-400 window for the cart upgrade. I'll be talking to Craig today, I will see if I can get him to shed more light.

As for the fork, we are aggressively trying to meet or beat the $1400 retail price point. As I mentioned above, the final pricing on the cart is undetermined so this will obviously effect the final price, but I do not expect to be too far off that goal.
That's kind of what I thought. $400 sounds steep to me, but I was afraid it might be around $500. I realize there are a lot of small machined parts in there that are difficult to manufacturer when you are just a small operation (look at Push for numerous examples). Closer to $300 would be sweet and I'd imagine a lot would sell. The damping in my 888 RC3 is just friggin crude and I'm getting fed up with it.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
haha, nice of you to drop by with the firewood.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Looking forward to getting this upgrade over the winter for my 09 Boxxer. If the price is ~$400 that would be very competitive.

Nice to see companies like Avy and CR1 stepping up and offering true customizable internals for some of the current forks :thumb:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Will it be available for 35mm boxxers??????

My races arent thats good and 400$ is alot better than £500

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
so it will be essentially just have the Avy internals in the Kowa chassis?
Yes, thats basically the idea.

Craig really liked the Kowa chassis. Also in Kowa's favor was the fact that they spec high end NOK seals (w/retaining clips). This mates well with the avy bottom out (prevention) system which relies on high pressures in the fork to do its thing.