Quantcast

Another new one....let the hasing begin!

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
SoCalsurfer said:
Mornin to ya fellows...and fellowettes :nopity: For the one who was looking for a Straight 6. I got mine off of E-bay for $600.00 complete, and a few weeks earlier I was one go for $550.00....

And like I mentioned in an earlier post...Parts are NOT a problem :)
That's a smokin deal for a classic all-mountain ride.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Apparently you missed the Ridemonkey rule where you have to post pics of your bike if you are going to talk about it :D

Is it the yellow one? I had one of those ordered back in '01 and it never came, so I had to get an AC1. I wanted that bike so bad.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Echo said:
Apparently you missed the Ridemonkey rule where you have to post pics of your bike if you are going to talk about it :D

Is it the yellow one? I had one of those ordered back in '01 and it never came, so I had to get an AC1. I wanted that bike so bad.
Maybe I got yours Echo - when I bought mine (4 Banger), a large company that I will only refer to as "SG" here sent me 2 of them after numerous mixups - and never contacted me about return of the second one.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
It's even got the Fox on the rear - I ordered one of those for my 4 Banger - FYI the only difference between 4 Banger and Straight 6 frames are the shock (just in case you are ever looking for a replacement swingarm, etc...)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
s1ngletrack said:
FYI the only difference between 4 Banger and Straight 6 frames are the shock (just in case you are ever looking for a replacement swingarm, etc...)
Not entirely true. The swingarms and such are all interchangable, but the Straight 6 mainframe got a couple gussets that the 4 banger frames didn't have. Most noticably, one on the seattube where the 4 banger frames were known to crack occasionally.

The entire rear end is interchangable between the frames, though, and swapping for the Straight 6 shock on the 4 banger frame does in fact give you the same travel as the Straight 6.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
splat said:
I just had a Steak and Cheese sub for lunch.

BTW , Nice ride !
Haha! Did that pic you posted from steak and cheese.com make you hungry or something?

J

JRB

I had crap bar b que. It sucked. The place is always busy so I stopped in. 20 minutes to get a plate to go. Not going back.

J

JRB

s1ngletrack said:
You Texans every eat Rudy's in SA? Best BBQ in the world.

I have, yes. Not the best though. There are some real good joints in TX. Lockhart has the most good ones I can think of.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
loco-gringo said:
I have, yes. Not the best though. There are some real good joints in TX. Lockhart has the most good ones I can think of.
I guess that doesn't surprise me too much - since the state is kind of known for BBQ - it's the only place down there that I have tried - in all fairness. Rachel's (fiancee) parents live about 3 minutes from Rudy's - nice landscape, I kinda like it down there.

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
Allright clue me in here! I've noticed that food plays a major role in this here BB....What gives?

Anywho! Just got home froma little barhopping. Went first to my local bar, Hinanos in Venice CA. which happens to be Jim Morrisons old hang out, then I ventured off meeting an old ex, @ the Red Garter, aslo in Venice....Thank god I'm home now......Getting to old for that shiet :nope: