Quantcast

Another Session 88. But not a light one.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny

Here is mine. No stupid parts (in fact, a few heavy and OTT bits) giving a weight of 17.3 kg. Only two more weeks before I can ride it.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
dear god, i'll adopt it and break it in until you can ride. that thing is insanely nice looking, best looking build ever?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Looks sweet, but the midrange fork and steel spring... who are you and what have you done with daver? :)

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Oh sweet jesus mother of mercy.

Must resist selling Kidney to BOS up my session..... Though, i think i am going to put a S**toy on it.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Looks gorgeous. Definitely seems to have a few weight conscious parts though by most standards? 1750's (5.1 rims) / Twenty6 F1 stem & RallyE pedals

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Great looking bike!!

But I've got to agree with JVNixon - I'm not sure you can reconcile the 1750's with the comment about no crazy light parts. DTSwiss specifically markets those as an all-mountain wheel, so I'm not sure I'd have any more faith in those than I do my own set of race wheels (which are admittedly stupid light): NoTubes ZTR Flows/Hope Pro II's.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ
They sure are nice machines. While your pic looks veeeeeeeery nice, it still doesn't do them justice. I got my hands on a local guys yesterday and man they sure are sweet in the flesh. Like yours his build was sensible, still weighed in at around 38lbs :shocked:

If only I had the $$$ :(

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Great looking bike!!

But I've got to agree with JVNixon - I'm not sure you can reconcile the 1750's with the comment about no crazy light parts. DTSwiss specifically markets those as an all-mountain wheel, so I'm not sure I'd have any more faith in those than I do my own set of race wheels (which are admittedly stupid light): NoTubes ZTR Flows/Hope Pro II's.
Been running 5.1s since 2007 for DH and have not had an issue with them ever. Now is not the time to bring this up, but from my experience they're pretty well sorted. I still have the OEM wheelset for general fartarseing about with.

Looks gorgeous. Definitely seems to have a few weight conscious parts though by most standards? 1750's (5.1 rims) / Twenty6 F1 stem & RallyE pedals
Nothing is titanium, and I still have heavy cranks, seatpost and brakes. Everything is functional, which is what I'm after. Even the 26 stuff still has all steal axles and is relatively stocko.

Looks sweet, but the midrange fork and steel spring... who are you and what have you done with daver? :)
Can't really justify the price of the RaRe fork- just for a few extra adjustments. These feel as good as my old Idylle Pro's on the few rides I've done so far. Would love a titanium spring, but it's not a must have, especially when the bike is the least ridden of the ones I own.

Where can you get DT Swiss 1750 in 150mm rear hub spacing?
A few years ago they were OEM on Sundays and I believe they are available for certain teams on the World Cup circuit (Yeti and Tomac off the top of my head). My wheelset is a regular one, laced up to a Hope hub on the rear. When I can find an OEM wheel or hub available I may change, but it's not a major issue.

unbelievable bike and the perfect build,but good luck keeping those deity bars straight...
Mmm... I have been through a few pairs already, but the feel is great and they're fine until you crash. If they bend I might try FSA's again, and even then, I doubt I would.

Please post up a review of your fork and shock once you have had a change to properly thrash them.
I have had a fair bit of time on the BOS stuff (maybe 3 months on the old Idylle forks and close to a year on the DH07 shock), but I'll need a while to get up to speed on the new stuff. It does feel very balanced and tends to ride quite high in its travel, which is a good thing IMO.

ED75

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
France
Hey ... here's mine ... oops my son's, since I broke my leg :plthumbsdown:

No compromise and 16.7kgs with pedals, could be a lot less ... just think it's fine like this !

Before ...

After ...

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I think you need to realise quite how much i want BOS Gear for my session.

Anyone wanna do the old trade price switcharoo? ill tell kids your shockz are awesome!