Quantcast

Any Drummers out there?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
Pshh... go to the vic firth website and go to the media vault... from there you should be able to find some videos of jeff queen... the first video in the list has the fastest roll I have ever seen
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HOLY CRAP DUDE!

And thanks Golgi, I shouldnt have checked this before I left, now I'm gonna be late for my ride!

OH MY GOD!

I thought you were talking about the first part that he got 'rolling'. He was doing P-didles and flams and such. I thought that was awesome. Then get to the end. HOLY CRAP! I used to have some clean rolls but nothing that fast. I used to be able to juggle like that a little bit. I knew how to do that trick where you lay one stick on the rim and play it with the other stick; but that was a long time ago.

And all the drumlines are from drum corps.

I used to march with the Americanos back in the 80's.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
*yawn*

I just put on a Led Zep bootleg from '75. Moby Dick in the house!

Kidding, those guys are awesome. I always wanted to do march, but I was too busy playing sports. Whats a guy to do?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
"Jeff Queen" sounded so familiar, till i read his bio and saw UNT. yeah, he's a ****ing badass. i wanted to march Corps so bad. spent my freshman year of college taking lessons from a Cavie snare, my roomie, so at the end of the year i had the Cavie technique, but (seriously) lacked in the chops. there's something to be said about these guys. not to mention a line of 7 or 9 snares playing in unison. tenors as well.

basses never did it for me.

speaking of cadences, i will not die a happy man till i make my way through Blue Devil's Ditty.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by Echo
I know better than to click any of those links... my whole day will be shot :D
At least check out #3. Unless you have seen this guy before... it will be the only thing like it you have ever seen :)

Of course if you check out #3 you have to check out the most badass groove master on planet earth on #2 :)

And then that will lead you to :devil:

Whats funny is most people, unless they are pretty into drums, dont even have a clue who these guys are. Since I'm a lucky percussionist and get hang out/play with jazz drummers a lot... I have learned who to check out :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh man. I don't know which was more ridiculous, Bozzio or the duel. I can't wait to get home where I can crank up the volume :devil:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by Echo
Oh man. I don't know which was more ridiculous, Bozzio or the duel. I can't wait to get home where I can crank up the volume :devil:
Me thinks they are equally rediculous in their own way. My favorite in the bunch is the 'real Gadd groove' Number two I think. If you liked the conga stuff check out THIS page. Click on the Giovanni in the LP studio link, sit back and bow down to the master.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
I marched 1st bass for two years in highschool. And then for my senior year moved up to tenors. It was the best experience of my life. We took every drum trophy we entered for all 4 years of highschool. We even got a free week at the BOA summer symposium as the guest drumline and got a few lessons from some Phantom Regiment members. Good times. My instructor marched for the cavies and blue devils. I know better than to click the link. I will have to dust off the old practice pad and relearn our cadence. Its pretty bad when 4 years later i can still remember all the drill and music from our final show.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by golgiaparatus

3 BIG OL' SET
How many pieces are in that frikkin thing?!?

The best drummer I have EVER seen in person, which includes the various concerts I've been to, is my friends friend Dana. He used to play at a Jazz Club in Adams Morgan in DC.

Dude is SICK! When I am sitting there concentrating on his hands, and then they dissapear into a blur..... His sticks turn into brushes out of nowhere. Its truly an experiance. And the best part about it is, the guy is one of the nicest, most down to earth people I've ever met.

He's also a personal trainer, an adventrue racer, a biker, a drum teacher......

He is an AMAZING guy, and he can play like none other I have ever seen. I'd put him up against some of the guys in those videos

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
To me only 1 guy on earth can touch Steve Gadd and thats Buddy Rich. As for Bozzio, he's in a league of his own... Ive never heard of anyone else that can do what he does... How many pieces? ALOT! Your not even seeing him heel-toeing 4-5 different kick pedals at the same time.