Quantcast

any florida riders?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
just as the title describes, I'm moving to Pensacola in July and will be in the hunt for a place for dirt jumping and XC. Any monkeys in the area?

Jackson06

Chimp
May 7, 2006
Tampa, Fl.
Hey noname you can hit up santos in ocala . pm when you get down here also check out freeridesouth.com it is mostley florida peeps on there.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
yeah, thanks for the info on FRS. Unfortunately Santos is 5 hours and some change from where I'll be in Fl so if I make it there it will be a rare trip. Looking at the FRS boards I'm quickly getting the impression that I'll be doing some super secret dirt jump building there just to have somewhere to ride.
I'll definately hit you up when I get there though, I may have a few free days before I start my job down there.

fatbaldguy

Chimp
Jan 22, 2007
i lived in orlando for a while, had some friends (on mtbs ) who would drive to tallahasee just to ride the bmx track and a public skatepark.
never went myself but i would think it might help your dj jones a little bit.

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
i lived in orlando for a while, had some friends (on mtbs ) who would drive to tallahasee just to ride the bmx track and a public skatepark.
never went myself but i would think it might help your dj jones a little bit.
Im also from Orlando and would go to Santos or (HardRock when it was open)Razorback etc.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
born and raised in orlando (never going back!) and i don't know much about pensacola but a MTBR trail reviews search found one promising xc trail system for you. UWF-Crist Power Lines seems to have some diversity and even -gasp- elevation change :D
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-florida/trail/PRD_167544_4540crx.aspx

hope this helps....but you definitely have to make the trip to santos one weekend. well worth the trip.

on a side note: any jacksonville riders? i'll be down again the last week of june for a business trip and will be itching for some street riding in the evenings. i'd love to hook up w/ any locals to show me around.